Number Column Comparison

Use Case: We take in numerous requests each day of documents that require translation for our French teams, and are looking to move our current request management system from SharePoint to monday.com. We have numerous translation project types that have their own specific SLAs. With those SLAs, each project type has a maximum word count, after which the SLA gets pushed out by a number of days dependent upon the project type.

Feature Request/Feedback: I have yet to find a way to set up an automation that allows for the following:

1. When [number column] is higher than [number column 2] change [status column] to (value 1).
  2. When [number column] is lower than [number column 2] change [status column] to (value 2).
    As far as an overall workflow goes, not having this functionality really impedes with our effectiveness to automate incoming requests to provide the requester with an accurate SLA (return) date. Any request that goes over the maximum word count based on the selected project type, now requires manual intervention to push the standard SLA date out by the applicable number of days for that project type (which in our current SharePoint world is all taken care of automatically). With the amount of translation requests we get daily having to do this additional manual step that we didn’t have to previously, is a critical hit to productivity and effectiveness, and is a major blocker to moving our translation request management system to Monday.com.

@ClaireM-HD,

Although monday has been moving to improve automations, there is not yet a way to do this in the base system.

I have not closely followed the apps that are being added to the apps marketplace. There might be something in there.

We have used Integromat integrations to augment monday. This would be relatively easy to do there. Basically, you would use a webhook to call the Integromat scenario when either of the number columns change then set the status column accordingly. I believe the free level of Integromat allows 1,000 operations per month. You get 10,000 for $10. I think this scenario would require either 2 or 3 operations per call.