Number Columns is being used as a task name so it is sortable, but is there a way to get rid of the comma?

Hello!

Hoping someone already has a solution to this, but after our team searching the community archives, we were unable to find a workable solution.

Is there a way to display a Number Column without a comma and still have it sort numerically?

That may sound strange but we have “Store Numbers” that are basically a Name for that Task (that needs to be sortable so it can not be the pulse name), but also a number. So we have it setup as a number column so it will sort properly. The downside to this is that with it being a number, it inserts the comma that drives us all a little nuts because the Store Number doesn’t include a comma. We have also tried putting this as a text column but that is not sortable.

Hi @LHebard when I saw this post I assumed there was a way around this…I was surprised to learn that it’s doesn’t seem possible. I trued multiple ways to make this work to no avail.

This just needs to be a formating option similar to displaying the column as currency or a percentage.

I’ll ask around to see if I can find any other clever solutions.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Like

Thank you! Our team will be so excited to have this issue put to rest. We really appreciate your help.

1 Like

@LHebard, @mark.anley,

One solution might be to create a formula column (TEXT[store number},"#") as the display column and continue to sort by the number column.

2 Likes

Great idea @JCorrell! :+1:

@LHebard you could then just collapse the number column you are sorting by so its not overly visible (or hide it from your view entirely).

Similar issue here! I want to have a column for a 5-digit sales order # as numbers instead of text, but the number type shows it as 12,345. Would be nice to be able to turn it off in the column settings!

1 Like

Essentially, we are using it as a sku number too!

2 Likes

Bumping this back up! Seems like it should be as simple as adding in a toggle on the numbers customization for comma vs. no comma. Our team utilizes for tracking numbers, so would be great to not have multiple commas in the number!

5 Likes

The numbers column should have support for formatting like Excel, as well as restrictions, eg integer or decimal, minimum and maximum values. I am using it to capture the year (since you can’t do this with date!) and it has years as 2,006; does not look right at all.

5 Likes

In addition, when I mirror a formula column that has a year (for example, 2022), it inserts the comma back in (2,022) and since it is a mirrored column, I can’t format it to exclude the comma. Any tips?

1 Like

the number column format is base on the browser language. It will be nice to make it more customizable

1 Like

Hi. Has anyone found a way round this please.

I have YEAR({Week Commencing}) and it shows as 2,023

Many thanks
Lisa

When we collect numbers on our forms (like zip codes), users see the comma in the zip code. We should be able to format numbers on the Monday.com form.

I see how we can format a number on the board using a formula column (TEXT({Numbers},“#”)) but that does not help me with the form.

2 Likes

Bumping this one back to the top.
We have a column to track the registered company number for each of our clients and the comma’s make no sense in this context.
Would love to see a simple formatting option to remove these.

2 Likes

Has there been any fixes for this? We are trying to include our account numbers and having a comma is in the number is not working for us.

1 Like

I’d like to bump this back to the top as well. It seems like there are a lot of us that would like to have this feature!

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue. Amazed that it’s not a quick fix. I’ve voted as that seems the only way it gets put onto the Monday.com developers list. Fingers crossed!

Adding my vote on here too! We’re using it as an intake form and would love to know how to remove the comma to view the number as a Year. We’re using this to organize our Winter Storage program for motorcycles.

Yes! This would be so helpful we are using the numbers column to track project numbers because of the ability for the summary to show the highest number for ease of what the next number should be. It just looks kind of silly with the comma in there.

Hi Lisa (And anybody else interested),

Ran across this problem earlier (the YEAR formula displaying the output as a number value rather than text value) and the solution I used was

FORMAT_DATE({Week Commencing},“YYYY”)

A bit odd that the YEAR formula outputs as a number value. If you need to manipulate the number (ie; SUM(YEAR(TODAY()),1) ) it makes it easier, but then that manipulated number needs to be formatted as a date again which turns a simple “Add one to the year” into a needlessly long string of formulas just to get rid of a comma.

1 Like