Oauth - got auth token, now what?

I have a question which seems pretty basic, yet I haven’t been able to find a clear answer as I went thru the docs. I have an app which I’m trying to convert from using the short-lived access token to using the oauth token, so I can have a longer time span for the work my app needs to do. I’ve figured out the oauth process, got the oauth token and can store it if needed. Great. My question is…now what? How do I actually use the oauth token in my code to provide the authorization?

My code currently has a number of places where it uses the short-term access token. Could this be as simple as directly substituting the oauth token for the short-term access token, passing it the oauth token to all the places where it’s set up to receive the short-lived token? Or am I totally on the wrong track here?

Thanks for your help.

@Msh

I’d love to clarify this a bit further :slight_smile:

Both the shortLivedToken and the OAuth token are basically API keys, generated on behalf of the user who has created your app’s recipe. As such, you should be able to replace the short-lived tokens where those are used with the OAuth token stored for the specific user/account that triggered your app to run.

Does that make sense? Let me know.

-Alex

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.