Hi there :wave:
When I read the doc here, I’m expecting to get:

• token_type
  • scope
  • access token
  • expires_in
  • refresh_token

in response to: https://auth.monday.com/oauth2/token
But expires_in and refresh_token are missing in the response (everything goes well, I don’t have any error or problem).
Does it mean that the tokens are now valid without any expiration date (the doc mentionned 30 days)?
For me, it would make sense, as the integration can be removed by the user in Monday.

1 Like

Hi @jeromeskiply,

Yes, you are correct.

At the moment, the token’s are long life. They shouldn’t expire on you at the moment.

monday are planning to implement expiry tokens, however I don’t have a time frame for you at the moment.

The user is required to authorise the integration each time it is installed, which means that you can simply get a new refresh token when they re-install your integration

1 Like

Hi @mitchell.hudson,
How will we be informed if the expiry tokens are implemented, in order to update our implementation if necessary? Do you plan to make a kind of “developer email list”, so we could be aware of it?

Hey @jeromeskiply,

Right now we announce new features for developers here on the community. We don’t really have a developer mail list - but I’ll pass it along to the team internally.

-Daniel

Hi @dsilva,
It makes sens for features, but for important internal changes that could potentially create glitches, having an email is very important.
Facebook or Google are managing that very well. When they update an API, they inform you and explain the potential impact on your App.

Hey @jeromeskiply,

I just checked in with the team. Just to clarify: new features are announced here on the forums. However if there’s any big change to our API, we’ll send an email to everyone who has been using the API.

For example: we recently sent out an email to everyone still using our old REST API that it will be deprecated soon.

-Daniel

1 Like