On action cteate new item in another board AND sort it in the relevant group of items

Hello community,

I am stuck with a problem:

I have a board (board 1) which contains items and these items are grouped in different groups.
I have now an action button and when pressing, the respective line item is created in ANOTHER board (board 2) where I have the same groups.

My problem is, that all items which are created by the button-automation are added into the first group on board 2, also when the item is part of group 2 or 3 or 4 of board 1.

Does anybody knows how to tell monday.com to create or move the new item on board 2 into the same group as it is in board one?

Thanks a lot,
Hardy

Hello @Hardy - welcome to the community. While there isn’t a way to dynamically do this in a single automation, what you would need to do is create a separate automation to create the item in the respective group in the other board. This of course depends on how many groups you have.

The other way to do it would be to have the Group Name within a Status column or alike, then when the item is created in the other board have an automation of When Item is Created and only if Status = “ABC” move item to Group “ABC”. This would need to be duplicated for each different possible group as well so its basically the same number of automations either way.

Hope this helps!
Mark