Parsing Data from Monday.com API

I am looking to pull all of the tasks from a set of boards that have a specific string in the title of the board in python. As I understand, I would need to:

1. Query all of the boards
  2. Take the result and cut it down to the boards that have the string in the name
  3. Extract the IDs from that board.
  4. Feed those back into the Monday.com API to query all of the tasks that I want.

I see basic information on querying the API. but no good examples of how to parse the data that is returned in Python. I have done a lot of googling and tried a fair number of things. Is there some easier way to handle this that I am missing?

Hey @axlf - to be 100% honest, right now the only way would be to do the parsing within Python.

This would all vary depending on what you’re trying to achieve with your data. Personally I’ve used Python before to parse through a response from the API and populate an array:

board_list = []
for t in parsed_json ['data']['boards']['groups']['title']['items']['column_values']:
     board_list.append(int(t['text'])) 

-Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.