Today we have pulses that require a “People” assignment whose assignee does not need to log in to or use the system. There is currently no native way to create this user.
Contractors: For us, we don’t want or need contractors using Monday, but we want to track the pulse ownership in “people” to understand it belongs to someone else.
Project Manager Resources: When creating new projects, a PM may know a designer needs to “Create concept”, but may not have a real assignment yet. Having a placeholder can help them visually identify pulses that need to be reassigned, and to what role in the event the description of the pulse is not immediately apparent.
- Inviting Dummy: We may still want to assign the “People” column as a contractor, but there is currently no way, other than creating a “view-only” user which requires a real email address, to create a user for that column.
- Text Column: The hack is admittedly easy, such as creating a text column, but it does cause creation of superfluous columns which should otherwise use the same “Person” pattern.
Example use if feature was available:
- Admin goes to “Admin”>“Users”.
- Admin clicks “Create Placeholder”.
- Admin is given a prompt to assign a first and last name. No other input is required.
- Admin enters “Contractor Jill”, or simply “Jill Lastington”.
- Users can now assign “Contractor Jill” in “People” columns.
- “Dummy” users should not count against allotment costs, though it should not allow log-ins. It’s purpose is purely one of utility.