Please help with copying location information from one board to another

Hello Monday.com members,
I have this question regarding my API query.

I have the main board, and a sub-board. Main board has some columns, including one Status column. Each one of the boards has a field of type ‘location’.

I need to query all items of the main board, extract location information (including lat, lng, address, etc), and populate the location of my sub-board if the status column has a specific value.

query Query_all($boardId: Int) {
      boards (ids: [$boardId]) {
        id
        name
        items {
          id
          name
          column_values {
            id
            text
          }
        }
      }
    }

Then inside my javascript I reference:

for (const item of items) {
      let loc = item.column_values.find((item) => item.id === "location")['text']
   }

And the loc is set to a visible text portion of the address.

In the monday.com documentation for location, I can see a description for how to get a location by querying a specific item, but that would mean I have to run as many queries as I have rows in my board, and this would not work for my use case.
Am I missing something?
Any ideas how to go around it?

Please help,

Investigate these two features of the API. They will let you filter and find items by values, (particularly the status). Also they get many items from a board at once - items_page returns up to 500 items in a single query. Locations are just regular columns - you would request the location column by ID in the items_page query of the board and the location is returned with each item. No need to query repeatedly.

Thank you @codyfrisch for the data!

@szabelin let us know if you have any further questions!

1 Like