Populate dropdown fields

Hi,

New to monday I ahve just set up an account for our company.

We have created a standard board template that will be used and shared via dashboards with managers.

We have a client dropdown field in the table that we have manually populated with the current list of clients.

As new clients arrive we would like to add them to the list and for them to become available to all the users using the company template.

Is it possible to add an option to a dropdown list in the way.

Ideally we would keep the list outside monday and call the content via API if that makes sense ?

So as we add the clients to the external list they would update and be available in the dropdown list in monday

Hi @armatisadmin ~ Welcome to the Community! :wave:

Am I correct in understanding that you have an external platform that houses your Client Contact Information and when a new client is added there, you want it to add that Client’s name as an option in one monday.com board’s Dropdown Column?

If so, then this is not possible at the moment.

However, something you can always try instead would be to use one of our No-Code 3rd party platform integrations to build your own integration with this other platform to try and achieve this:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own Integration using our API:

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I also want to mention that if you are keeping your Client details outside of monday.com just to make sure no one else can see that information aside from yourself or other specific people, then you can actually still house this information within monday.com if you are using a Shareable Board!

Shareable Boards function similarly in that only the board creator/owner will have access to the board unless they decide to invite others to it.

You also have the option to share the board with people outside your team or company, such as clients, vendors, or freelancers, but this is by no means a requirement. If you want to be the only person subscribed to that board, then that means no one else on the account can see that information, let alone see that the board exists, aside from yourself.

If you do want to share it externally, you can invite these people as guests within your account. To see how to invite a guest in your shareable board, click right here.

To learn more about all 3 board types check out this article.

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna