Project Management for Groups

Is there a way to have overarching information for a group and assign people who need visibility on a group/project to the entire group—not just an item/subitem. We typically use groups as projects, items as overarching tasks (ie. Design, Copy, Render, etc…), and subitems as specific tasks pertaining to the line item they are apart of.

I’m hoping that our project manager could be able to view groups of projects, not just specific tasks as they are managing the entirety of the project.

Hi @sierratao !

I believe an automation like this would serve you well ( you would need a project manager column)

If this does not work out for you, when creating a new group , you would have to have a project manager column and assign the specific project manager you want manually.

You can do this as a batch action.

If you have just one project manager, you can have the respective column automatically filled when an item is created.

Hope this helps !
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

It sounds like you’re looking for a way to have a big-picture view of your group projects in project management. Have you considered using project management software or tools? They can help you assign visibility to the entire group and provide an overarching view of the projects. By the way, I was browsing online and stumbled upon some project management courses that might offer valuable insights and techniques for managing projects effectively. You might find them helpful in enhancing your project management skills. Good luck with your projects, and feel free to share any tips or experiences here.