Proposed Changes to Protected Column Fields

Allow protected columns to accept proposed changes to be approved by board admin.

We have changes that we would like a manager to sign off on before they are implemented but do not currently have a great way of doing this.

Ideally, a user could click on a field they want to edit in a protected range and input what the desired change would be. The admin on the board would then be notified of the proposed change and could accept the change or deny the change.

Hi @JWGRO,

Aviram here - product manager at monday.com in the team in charge of permissions.

Thanks for the feedback - this is a great idea to consider as part of our roadmap, I’ll keep an eye out for more user feedback about this and hopefully we’ll get to release it in the future.

Have a great week

2 Likes

Hi! Do you know if there have been any updates on this?

Quick proposal: if automations had a “Copy column A to B” action, then we could have this via two columns and an approval button. Column A = pending change, Column B = approved change.

“when Button [Approuve] is clicked, then copy column A to column B”.
Column A and B would have to be of same type.

Oh, and this has already been said elsewhere, but a “clear column” would be handy in this case too, if the manager clicks on a Deny button.

Looking to do this too. Users select an expected purchase date for an expense request. When the manager approves the request, I want to copy the expected purchase date to a new protected date column that the user will not be able to change to keep the expense from jumping quarters in calculations. I don’t see the ability to copy columns in automations yet. Am I missing something? Is it a feature coming? Thanks!

@BruceB, @Marc1, @JWGRO

Would an automation/integration like this help?:

Automation

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: HELP!!

Hi Jim. That would work, however, I don’t see that as an option in available automations or building one manually. Do you have that as an option?

@BruceB

I was putting together a number of integration/automations to do simple functions like that… But, monday recently made some changes to the way new integration apps work and it has stalled me for the moment. Assuming that things get working again soon, I could include it. I’m currently expecting the situation will be to where I can move forward again in about 2 weeks.)

1 Like

@BruceB

It took longer than I wanted to get everything ready for the beta release. But, as of today, it’s out in the world.

If you would like to take a look at what I put together, you can check out this link to the docs: https://themondayman.com/bridges/

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: monday Formulas: the SECRET Functions

Hi Jim. I am back to playing with this again. I don’t see Bridges available in the Integration Center. Has Monday.com published it yet?