Pulse Chat Window Layout

Ive recentlye watched this video on monday.com youtube channel.
I would like to know how to anable the pulse view, as shown on: https://youtu.be/Yh1FQJlOXF4?t=1328
22m08s.

When i click our pulses, it opens a right site pop up, where you can post your comments…
In the exemple above, it pops up a centered window, with option to include comments but also to edit the pulse.

Reference picture at the bottom.

Can anyone help?

: )

2 Likes

SOLVED!
I contacted monday.com, and in a matter of seconds they activated it!
Thanks!

1 Like

That’s really nice. I have been waiting for a view like this for a long time. Thanks @ team Monday.com, awesome!

1 Like

Wait! We need this too
How to?

I have not had the chance to test it but would love to have this feature asap in our Monday Work OS.

Besides being able to comment on updates and change columns at the same time, just imagine when they will implement this way of viewing items in your inbox (for example by clicking on the breadcrumb as shown in the image) via a modal (so not having to leave your inbox), this will maximise the usage of the inbox for sure. Can’t wait :sunny:

1 Like

@Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com
congrats to Monday.com by doing this.

@Eltjo i hope this will be implemented too, this is gonna be quickly to see at once the pulse information.

Awesome job guys! Been wanting this since I first started monday!!

1 Like

Nice one. Hi @Julia-monday.com, how to enable this one?

1 Like

Hi Bas, see the original post. If you contact support they wil activate it for you.

I contacted them via e-mail by clicking the question mark on the monday.com platform menu. @basdebruin

Did you all get sorted?

1 Like

Hi @Julia-monday.com

Can you enable this for my account excellent-bid

Thank you for pointing this out Max! This will greatly help my team with our more complex boards.

1 Like

Hey all,

Ben here from the customer success team.

I want to be fully transparent regarding the item view discussed above - this was actually released as a test a couple of months back. However, we have retracted it as the test that we ran was not successful.

Since then, we do not support it in all future updates - meaning that there may be a few features that will not work with this view. For that reason, we actually do not encourage the use of this feature.

Moving forward, we will be updating this video to set clear expectations. We will also be pushing this internally - hopefully, we can revisit this view soon!

Best,
Ben

1 Like

Hi Ben.

In the name of the company that I manage, we were very happy with the implementation of this view, this had already been requested as an improvement in this community and really seeing it implemented gave us an air of hope regarding all the other important updates, finishing beta releases and core improvements that should be made.
Understanding that this release is a product of an internal communications error between your teams and for that shouldn’t have seen the light is a bit disappointing.
All employees can see in a click boards with endless columns, so I do not understand what is wrong. In other words, I would ask you to continue with this improvement and review what you think did not work, but not to discontinue something that has excellent potential and works very well.

3 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly with this comment. Not to mention, there is already a designated place for experimental features in Monday.com labs - why not put it there??

1 Like

Fantastic!!!..cannot wait for access to be granted!!!

Emailed Support…no longer granting access to this view as it had issues…

Bummer but hopefully they revisit this view someday!

Hi @Ben-monday.com , I am really disappointed to read this. I (and the people working in my company) were very pleased with the fast way of opening, navigating through items and being able to adjust all column settings on the go.
Offcourse this view would need some improvements but there’s a huge potential in this feature, in all sorts of ways; the inbox, the my week, the link to item column view. I hope Monday will reconsider the continuing of this awesome view.

3 Likes

Hi Ben. Our company has been using this for over 15 months so I don’t believe you are accurate when you say this was released as a test a couple months ago. This has been something that we have been used to using. This view is vital to our company using Monday.com for our workflow. We have not noticed any glitches or errors using this view. If what you are saying is accurate and there are no plans to support this view moving forward, I would like to echo others and say I am extremely disappointed. I think it is a big mistake to abandon this view. It is a great feature and major pain point relief to be able to open a pulse and isolate a pulse’s information. It is much easier to see columns for one pulse than scrolling to the right and still seeing the many rows of line items. I can’t imagine managing hundreds of pulses on a board with 30 or more columns and not being able to use this view. For whatever my opinion is worth, I would really like to ask that monday.com reconsiders this decision. When i was given access to this view during my trial, this view was literally what sold Monday.com to us and it seems everyone else in this thread also appreciates this view. I can’t imagine why it would not be worth working towards maintaining. This view has so much potential and there has to be someone there that can recognize that.

1 Like