Pulse indentation (sub-task concept)

Thanks @TheOtherPM

In my opinion this kind of important update should be extended to all the community by the Monday team

I am a bit disappointed by this lack of users/costumers dev-care

I’d like to added to the testing group as well. We’ve been planning a move to Asana because of their subtask capability, but this could change if Monday were to add it. Big Click Syndicate is our group.

1 Like

Hi @brett-monday.com – I’d like to added to the testing group as well: https://epsilon-auto-web-team.monday.com/
I’m new here, and just today signed up for an account for my team. Our primary use will be for cross-client multi projects planning, and after seeing this thread I’m concerned because I had assumed that subtasks would have been an inherent concept in a PM tool. I’m hoping your planned roll-out comes soon. If not, I may have to take advantage of the 30-day out and look elsewhere.

1 Like

What! Now you’re advertising that Monday. Com has subtasks in beta on your marketing pages. Now I’m confused @brett-monday.com!

Also, what happened to the roadmap page? It now takes me to your website homepage

Screenshot_20200217_155545_com.brave.browser|230x500

@TheOtherPM - Not sure why they changed where the roadmap URL points, but here’s the new location of their roadmap: https://view.monday.com/39325084-bfc5c74be3d760bef14f4cd3ea04ffc2

Can you please add me to the testing group. I am down between Asana and Monday. However since Asana does have subtasks, we will end up buying a sub. at Asana. If you manage to put me in the test group and the subtasks works, we will end up subbing on Monday

@brett-monday.com
Could you also add me to the beta list?

I’m trying to convince one of my clients that Monday is the better fit for them (because of the breadth of built-in automations) but subtasks are an essential and non-negotiable feature for them. Without subtasks, they’ll need to switch to Asana.

My test workspace that I need added to the beta: https://ProjectKickstart.monday.com.
Then, if it works well, I’ll contact you to add theirs to the beta.

Thanks so much!

Also, @brett-monday.com, are subtasks still slated for March? I don’t see them anywhere on the roadmap for upcoming this quarter:
https://view.monday.com/39325084-bfc5c74be3d760bef14f4cd3ea04ffc2

4 Likes

Hi, @Julia-monday.com & @brett-monday.com please add our account to the beta too.

Our account is: nosterdigital.monday.com

thanks!

@Julia-monday.com & @brett-monday.com - Please add our account to the beta group, uw-extension-ceoel.monday.com

Thank you so much!

@Julia-monday.com & @brett-monday.com Could you please add our account to the beta group? simpleray.monday.com

Thanks!!

It would be great to get some guidance from @brett-monday.com, @Julia-monday.com, or someone else from the Monday team, about where subtasks sit in the roadmap and when we can reasonably expect them. Trying to work without them is a huge pain point and every day another service starts looking more tempting.

4 Likes

Hi everybody !

@Julia-monday.com & @brett-monday.com
Our team would love to be part of the beta group too. Could you please add us?
Our account is: ino-cx.monday.com

Thanks!

Honestly I think the way monday views subtasks as evil is because its not being seen the way users who are requesting the features see it. I dont think most people are asking for subtasks so that they can roll up all their tasks within it or else we would be using something like Trello. The reason i like monday is because you can visually see the breakdown of all the tasks that go into a project without having to click inside of a “card” I set up a task and assigned it as “campaign” so I could filter out an “at a glance” view as a round about way but it would have been nice to have my Campaigns as the task and all the subtasks that go with it just simply indented below it.
Maybe there be an arrow or something to roll up the subtasks within it but i think the main request for just having the option to indent subtasks and then filter them as well would be suitable.

1 Like

@ epfingsten

Personally, I have always wanted the sub-items because I want to be able to have individual items, with different column types, within an larger item (project/task/business location, etc.)

I heard March for the Beta rollout and I’m chomping at the bit to get started with this feature, so I’m hoping for an update and that when March is referred to, they mean by early next week. Just by scrolling through the above comments and requests for Beta signups, this truly sounds like a highly desirable feature for many users.

@Julia-monday.com & @brett-monday.com any updates?

Yea i agree. A simple indentation would do wonders. And from there they can work on enhancing it over time.

Please add me to testing …
It can help our team to work on projects

Please add GoldNet-squad.monday.com

Thanks

To everyone looking to be added to Beta…Click on your profile icon in the bottom left and click on monday.labs. If you can see that, you should be able to access the beta features that are currently available.

1 Like

please add time-altona.monday.com