Push to next working day

i have a formula like this

LEFT(FORMAT_DATE(ADD_DAYS(TODAY(), DIVIDE({Remaining time},8))),6)
which is nothing if but , it will calculate the new delivery date from by adding , remaning number days to “TODAY”.
now if the result is SAT or SUN , i want it to be on monday.
and second question ,
if the result date falls under list of given dates(public holidays) it should move to the next working day.
above second question is not mandatory or urgent

@karges

For you first question… Here is one way:

FORMAT_DATE(ADD_DAYS(TODAY(), DIVIDE({Remaining Time}, 8 ) + SWITCH(FORMAT_DATE(ADD_DAYS(TODAY(), DIVIDE({Remaining Time}, 8)), "E"), "6", 2, "7", 1, 0)), "MMM D")

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: monday Formulas - Part 3: Dates/Times, Strings and Status

@karges

… the REAL solution:

FORMAT_DATE(WORKDAY(TODAY(), DIVIDE({Remaining time}, 8), ARGS2ARRAY("2021/12/24", "2021/12/31")), "MMM DD")

Of course, you can adjust the holidays however you want.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: monday Formulas: the SECRET Functions

1 Like

Hi there,
i tried to use this:
WORKDAYS({End Data},{Start Date},{Holidays})
where “holidays” is a list of dates. I created another board where each item is the holiday name with a column of day off. add this board to my task board and add all the holidays to it on a given task.
but when i use the above formula i get the number of days and not working days. (start day is an holiday so i expect that the result to the end date will be smaller).
i also tried to use ARGS2ARRAY({Holidays}), but got the same results.

where have i got wrong?

after that, the problem is to calculate the end date since it depends on the working days. i have a start date and duration. how can i get the end date using that and working days?

@eninyo

It’s not clear to me what you are describing with the holidays board.

However, the main issue is the WORKDAYS() does not support the holidays parameter. Second, assuming that {Holidays} is a single string of dates delimited by “,” (commas)…
Try: NETWORKDAYS({Start Date}, {End Data}, SPLIT({Holidays}, ","))

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app

Thanks for the answer. unfortunately, this doesn’t work also.
even when i tried to do this:
NETWORKDAYS({Start Date},{End Data},ARGS2ARRAY(“2022/10/10”, “2022/12/1”))
i still get 3 (expected is 2 since Oct 10 is in the holiday parameter)
while start date is Oct 10 2022 and end data is Oct 12 2022.

@eninyo

My only advice is to triple check everything. I just tested the exact formula and dates you gave, and it worked for me.

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app