Quick start failed to launch on Windows

Hi,

I am trying to launch the quick start example on my windows machine.
https://monday.com/developers/apps/quickstart-view/

So I runned the following command: ```
npx @mondaydotcomorg/monday-cli scaffold run ./ quickstart-react

In my console, I got:
    > monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start G:\Mon Drive\Developments\nodejs\monday-app\quickstart-react
> npm run stop && concurrently "npm run server" "npm run expose"

> monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 stop G:\Mon Drive\Developments\nodejs\monday-app\quickstart-react
> kill-port 8301 && kill-port 4049 && kill-port 4040

'kill-port' n’est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 stop: `kill-port 8301 && kill-port 4049 && kill-port 4040`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 stop script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\bouch\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-07-20T11_07_44_440Z-debug.log
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start: `npm run stop && concurrently "npm run server" "npm run expose"`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\bouch\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-07-20T11_07_44_486Z-debug.log

And I got the following error log file :
    0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'start'
1 verbose cli ]
2 info using npm@6.14.5
3 info using node@v12.18.2
4 verbose run-script [ 'prestart', 'start', 'poststart' ]
5 info lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~prestart: monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1
6 info lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1
7 verbose lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: PATH: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\node-gyp-bin;G:\Mon Drive\Developments\nodejs\monday-app\quickstart-react\node_modules\.bin;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_npx\8220;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\xampp\php;C:\composer;C:\Program Files\IBM\Bluemix\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GitExtensions\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_161\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\bin;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Cloud SDK\google-cloud-sdk\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\150\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\sam-ba_2.18\drv\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\sam-ba_2.18;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Google\Cloud SDK\google-cloud-sdk\bin;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\npm
9 verbose lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: CWD: ...\monday-app\quickstart-react
10 silly lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: Args: [
10 silly lifecycle   '/d /s /c',
10 silly lifecycle   'npm run stop && concurrently "npm run server" "npm run expose"'
10 silly lifecycle ]
11 silly lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: Returned: code: 1  signal: null
12 info lifecycle monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1~start: Failed to exec start script
13 verbose stack Error: monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start: `npm run stop && concurrently "npm run server" "npm run expose"`
13 verbose stack Exit status 1
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\index.js:332:16)
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:315:20)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\lib\spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
13 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
13 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
14 verbose pkgid monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1
15 verbose cwd ...\monday-app\quickstart-react
16 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.18363
17 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "start"
18 verbose node v12.18.2
19 verbose npm  v6.14.5
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 1
22 error monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start: `npm run stop && concurrently "npm run server" "npm run expose"`
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the monday-integration-quickstart-app@0.0.1 start script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ] 

Please help,
Caroline.

Do you have a windows version of the quickstart react code sample ?

Hi @carolin-skiply,

Welcome to the community!

I don’t have a windows computer myself, but I should be able to help you get around this issue.

It looks like the kill-port command isn’t available. This essentially clears up the ports to allow you to expose the application to ngrok. Can you try running this command npm install --save kill-port to attempt to install kill-port and then try to run the package again?

If that doesn’t work, you can try the following.

You should be able to edit the package.json file as it should have already downloaded the project files.

You will need to edit the start script to be:
`“start”: “npm run server && concurrently “npm run expose””,

I haven’t tested this, but it should work for you now as it removed the call to kill-port.

Let me know if this works for you.

Hi mitchell,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am having issue with installing the module. I installed kill-port, but now I have the same issue with react, and I am pretty sure I’ll have the issue for all the dependencies. Do you know what shoul I do ?

Hey @carolin-skiply – this indeed is strange. I can confirm that the quickstart has been tested on and works with Windows, so this seems to be a local issue.

Instead of using the CLI to install the quickstart, can you try the following steps for a manual install:

1. Download the quickstart code from this Github repo.
  2. Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the code
  3. Install the dependencies with npm install
  4. Run the development environment with npm run start

Let me know if that works!

Hi @dipro
Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried what you suggested. Same issue, Windows does not seems to be able to install the module :confused:

I am blocked to npm install.
Caroline.

Which npm version are you using?

npm version is 6.14.5

Our team has not been able to reproduce this issue yet, so we’d love more information from other folks to isolate the conditions causing the bug.

If anyone else has had this issue or managed to fix it, please post in this thread so we can get to the bottom of this! :crystal_ball:

Hey @carolin-skiply ,

I’m using windows aswell and could reproduce your issue.

The only time that error happenend to me, was when I didn’t run “npm install”.

So you need to be in the same directory with your terminal, where the package.json file is.

Then you run “npm install”. When the installing finishes you run “npm run start”.

Tell me, wether that worked for you or not.

Greetings

Hi,
I did what you suggested and I got the following error
npm ERR! Maximum call stack size exceeded

Any idea ?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @carolin-skiply :smiley: :raised_hand:

I suggest for the first time to just download the “Quickstart React” example Monday app.

It can be used as a board view or dashboard widget, connected to a board and render data from the board using settings.

Download the “quickstart-react.zip” from the repo and follow the instructions.
If there’s any problem send me a private message I will help you feel free :grinning:

Hey @carolin-skiply ,

there is an article on Stackoverflow, with the same error.

You can try some solutions provided there.

If one of them solves the issue, would be amazing to share :slight_smile:

Greetings.

Hi all !

So I resolved my issue. I was trying to install the quickstart app on a cloud drive which caused the issue.
When installed on my local machin, it worked like a charm !

Thanks for your help,
Caroline.

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear! So glad you were able to solve this :slight_smile: