Read data and show it in a view

Hi Guys, I’m quite new to Monday.com. I was asking for a real-life example of how to read data from an integration and display it in a view. If anyone has got an example or any other real-life examples. I would appreciate it- thanks in advance

Hello @Hackr and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a very open question. It will really depend on what information you want to retrieve and how your view works. For getting information, you can use our API with queries like this one:

{
  boards(ids: 1234567890) {
    items(limit: 50) {
      column_values {
        value
        text
      }
    }
  }
}

All the information you need about the API can be found here.

Regarding how to show this in a view, you will have to create a view. You can do that using any language / framework you want. You can use simple HTML and CSS, React, Vue or anything you want really.

Once you get the information using our API you can then use the retrieved values and show them in your front end, and that is pretty much it!

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Matias

Hi @Matias.Monday thank you very much- liking it so far, while trying to learn quickly. Yes the information helps, thank you. As for a more specific question, I was trying to understand how you retrieved data from tomorrow.io for this app: monday.com & tomorrow.io Integration - YouTube

Some example code for the above app, could help newbies to quickly understand developing real-world apps on monday.com. If not possible do you mind just giving the outline of how it was done? Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I am talking with the team to see if we can make this code available to the public!

I will let you know when I have an update!

do you have a swagger file for your api that can be imported into postman?

Hello @mikel007!

We have something better than that :slightly_smiling_face:

Check this out!