READ THIS FIRST: About the Developers & monday Apps category

For discussions and questions about developing apps on monday.com, including the monday apps framework,
GraphQL API, SDK and general programming questions.

NOTE: If you think you have a bug with your monday.com account, please do not report it here. Instead, drop us a line to support@monday.com and our customer success managers will get back to you within 10 minutes!

Please read this post for resources, helpful threads, and guidelines for new posts.

Resources to get started!

As you begin exploring the monday developers framework, check out these references:

Guidelines for new posts

When creating a new post, please keep these things in mind to ensure other community members can help you in the best way:

• Add your post to the relevant subcategory to help keep our community organized.
  • Please start every post with a clear description of what you’re looking for. :open_book:
  • Include examples of your code and queries where relevant! :woman_technologist:
  • More context is always better than less. No one’s going to police you for too much context :female_detective:
  • Use formatting (headers, bold, italics, emojis ) to make a long post easier to read. :fountain_pen:

Some other notes when posting:

• Don’t include your API key in any example posts. They’re basically passwords! :lock:
  • A long title is not a replacement for detail and context! :memo:
  • When copy-pasting logs from HTTP responses, check for any private data (keys, data from external services, publicly accessible URLs or ports) :eye:
2 Likes

Hi! What improvements are planned for monday.com’s V2 APIs ?

Hey Stephane,

The API will look totally different in the new version with a lot more things possible. It will also work from inside the platform itself. You will be able to mutate or query. Query is for “get” and mutate is for all the rest.

Here is a list of the monday.com entities that can be mutated with the new API:
Boards
Columns
Groups
Pulses
Updates
Notifications
Statuses
Tags

Here is a list of the monday.com entities you can query through the API:
Boards
Pulses
Pulses by column values
Updates
Tags
Users
Teams

More information coming very soon! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for that list. I am wondering if we are any closer to a time that this will be released? I know everyone is eagerly waiting for this.

Hey Adam!

Dipro here :slight_smile: The API is currently in very early testing and we’re looking for a gradual rollout over the course of the next few weeks. Thank you for being patient – we’re working really hard on it and are almost there!

Cheers,
Dipro

6 Likes

Hi I was checking back in on this. Are we close? It’s been about 3 weeks since last posted so I thought I’d ask :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Adam :slight_smile: We’re still working on it – adding some final touches and should be ready soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Dipro

2 Likes

Hi!,
How are we not talking about GraphQL in v2 released today! I have to come away from the rest api world into graph but it seems workable.

Kudos on the GraphQL v2. I have many questions but I think i’m in love. great work!

1 Like

Hey @kevinmarchese! I’m so glad you like our new API :slight_smile: What’s your favourite thing about it?

1 Like

That It will force me to move away from rest lol. I’m not an expert in Graphql but now I have a reason to really dig in. I like that my Axios mutations or post will be easier to write code for. its very easy to make a call to it.

Hey @kevinmarchese – totally agree. Love how expressive GraphQL is for pulling a specific subset of information from your data!

EDIT: I see you’ve posted this question on another thread – I’ll respond there so we don’t clutter this conversation up.

EDIT 2: If anyone’s interested in filtering dates via GraphQL, check out the other thread here: Filtering requests

1 Like