I’ve been looking for weeks to automate recurring tasks but also be able to report on them. I need to see people’s bandwidth every week so I needed those items to be created with appropriate due dates filled out, every week.
Here is a workaround I found:
- Created Status column and called it Recurring Automation
- Added 2 status options: Week A and Week B
- Collapsed the column so it doesn’t confuse users.
- Set due dates to Sunday next week
- Set the status of all tasks to Week A.
Then created these 4 automations:
Therefore, when next week comes to an end on Sunday, it will set the status to week B and push out due dates by 7 days.
The week after, it will set it back to week A and push by 7 days again.
This allows me to see accurate bandwidth for the current week (we track hours):
hope it helps someone solve this issue. Also, if you have any other creative ways to handle it, I’d love to hear it!