Referencing a second board in a custom recipe

Hi all,

I have a question on building a custom recipe which uses a trigger in board one to update a column in board two.
However, in setting up the recipe I don’t believe there’s any way to reference a second board, whereas in the standard recipes this is possible.

Is it just something that’s not added to the monday.com apps framework yet @dipro @dsilva or am I overlooking something?

Hi @freek-gcompany!

Yes indeed. Right now, our custom recipes do not support the ability to reference second boards.

This feature is definitely something that our devs want to add though! If you’d like, I would be more than happy to forward your feedback to our Product team.

For now, depending on how ambitious you are, you can even utilize the monday apps framework to build your own custom integration recipe (i.e. using your own code and such) to create this recipe if you’d like! Quite ambitious but definitely doable.

-Helen

Thanks for thinking along @Helen!
To avoid this limitation I have done exactly that, hardcode the board id of the second board in my code and created a “mapping” board in Monday which determines the exact behaviour.
Kudos to myself :slight_smile: but happy to remove it once the feature gets introduced.

I know this is a shot in the dark but … any thoughts on timeline?

1 Like

It’s my pleasure!

Sadly, I don’t believe there is one yet, but it’s definitely something our team is looking into.

I’m glad to hear you were able to find a workaround though. It sounds very cool!