[released] How to create a reply via the API

I know that there is a possibility via the API V2 to create updates to a specific pulse or to retrieve Replies of an update that were created in Monday.com.

However, there is no way to create (mutate) replies for an update. Can this be achieved in any way with the current API V2 implementation?

Hey @laalex.r – at the moment there isn’t a way to create a reply using the API, but I’ll pass this along as feedback to our product team.

Thanks for your post!

1 Like

Hi @dipro I can’t wait for the release of this feature.

1 Like

Hey @Norbert :wave:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I’m excited to hear you’d be excited to see this implemented.

Could you please provide further detail into your current workflow? I want to make sure I fully understand the scope of impact this would have for your team. If you don’t mind sharing, that would really help me pass this feedback on to our development team for further consideration :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hi @AlexSavchuk :slight_smile:

I am writing integration for memoQ, and I would like to attach statistics and exported files as a reply to update when for example the translation finishes.

-Norbi

For followers of this post, this is now possible via API by specifying the parentId when creating an update.

1 Like

For more information, check out this part of our documentation: API v2 Documentation