Retrieving All Columns from a Board

Hello Community,

I’m new to both GraphQL as well as the Monday.com API suite, so looking to get some understanding with respect to pulling all columns. For additional context I am querying with Python and the requests library, I am also passing headers for the API-Version of 2023-10.

For Columns my query is:
columns_query = ‘’‘{
boards (ids: #######) {
columns{
id
title
type
}
}
}’‘’

To which only 5 (seemingly random) columns are being returned, but the board that I am querying has 13; is there pagination with respect to pulling columns? or is my query incorrect?

Do any of the columns have restrictions on them (view or edit)? Its possible if the user token you are using doesn’t have permission to the column, that they would not be returned.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I don’t think it is the token as I am an Administrator on our account. Thanks for the idea around column settings, but I checked the column settings and there are no restrictions.

Any other ideas? does the query look correct to pull all columns?

1 Like

Yes the query is correct to pull all of the columns. Is it consistent as to which columns it returns, or does it change with each request?

Would you be willing to post a print of the response from the request?

1 Like

Yes, the columns it produces are consistent

Below is the Json response from my post

{'data': {'boards': [{'columns': [{'id': 'name',
      'title': 'Name',
      'type': 'name',
      'description': None},
     {'id': 'person',
      'title': 'Asset Manager',
      'type': 'people',
     {'id': 'people',
      'title': 'Support AM',
      'type': 'people',
     {'id': 'date4',
      'title': 'Inbound Due Date',
      'type': 'date',
     {'id': 'date',
      'title': 'Outbound Due Date',
      'type': 'date',
     {'id': 'status',
      'title': 'To Client',
      'type': 'status',
     {'id': 'dup__of_to_client',
      'title': 'To Fund Admin',
      'type': 'status',
      'description': None}]}]},
 'account_id': #######}

Assuming its your token, and you’re an owner on the board then it should work. The only thing that would cause this - beside a bug, is column restrictions someplace, and as board owner that wouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re positive you are a board owner on the board, and its your token, and there are no column restrictions - then contact appsupport@monday.com to get them involved since they can investigate the backend.

Out of curiosity what type of columns are the missing columns?

1 Like

Appreciate your time and trying to help, I did reach out to appsupport and will update the thread if/when we have an answer.

As to columns that are missing, it is a mix of Text and Status columns

1 Like