Retrieving data

Not sure what’s wrong this query:

“{“query” : “{items_by_column_values(board_id: XXXXXXXXX, column_id: “text0”, column_value: “XXXX”) { id name column_values{id text value} }}” }”

I’m looking to retrieve items based on the value (“XXXX”) of a specific field (text0). No errors, but no results either. And the items with those values most certainly exist.

Something wrong with this query?

@enlightened,

Hi there, welcome to the community!

Are you sure that you have an item that does match the value? I have just tried this function and it works as expected.

This is the result that I received when I get an empty list.

{
  "data": {
    "items_by_column_values": []
  },
}

Does this match your result?

Maybe try to use variables as it seemed to change the result for an other query in this recent post.
Strange but might be worth a try anyway if you are stuck.

Do you have an example of what you used to render a correct result?

I can’t get this to work:
{“query” : “($board: XXXXXXXXX, $column: “text0”, $value: “ABCDEFG”)” “{items_by_column_values(board_id: $board, column_id: $column, column_value: $value) { id column_values { id value }}}”

Result: No query string was present

When posting a single string, I’m not sure where to put the variables. Ideas?

Hey there @enlightened :wave:

Ommm… That’s an awesome name :person_in_lotus_position: A very warm welcome to the community.

I’ve just tested this on my end, and it does seem to work in the Graph QL editor:

Here is the exact query I’ve used:

query{
  items_by_column_values (board_id: 731607345, column_id: "text", column_value: "Mama mia!") {
    id
    name
    column_values {
      id
      value
    }
  }
}

This returns the 1 item I have on my board with that exact value. The query does seem to be case-sensitive, perhaps that is the reason you are having issues with your query? The values have to be exactly the same for this to run correctly.

One more thing that seems to stick out to me are your quotation marks. Notice how in my query, I am only using “”, whereas your query seems to be using ““ instead. Could you try out querying the same thing, but with “” instead as your quotation marks?

@mitchell.hudson and @LaurentConroux Thank you both so much for jumping in here and getting the ball rolling :slight_smile: I really appreciate your help all around the forum, as always!

-Alex