Search developer custom column type

Hello,

i am search for a developer which can create a custom column type where i can display rich text content in board view.

1 Like

Hey @maximilian
Unfortunately what you are asking for is not possible at the moment, because monday doesn’t let create custom column types.

Hi @maximilian :wave:

I don’t believe custom columns exist as yet, but we may be able to create an item card that could work for you, depending on the requirements etc. We’ve got a team of full stack developers with some serious skill - use the below link to book a quick meeting call with myself and our technical lead to see if we can assist, no obligations of course!

Meet with upstream

Kind regards,
Peta Bolger
Account Executive, upstream

@rob Is it possible to extend or add a filter to the current column type long_text to show HTML?

Current problem:
I sync jira issues to monday. Currently i sync the jira issue description to the column long_text.

I can only sync data to a column field. Any solutions?

Hey Maximilliam!

If you’re looking for a Monday expert. I suggest you try out Codemap.io - it’s free, with 50+ vetted Monday experts, so I’m sure you’ll be able to find the right fit:

(Hire Monday experts I Codemap)

Let me know if you need any recommendations - happy to help!

Best,
Goran

No, it’s not possible to customize existing columns, but you can parse the content and get relevant info using General Caster app.

https://generalcaster.app

What exactly do you need to retrieve?

Currently if a ticket issue is create the jira issue description is showing in the long_text column. Now i need a option if i click on it or open the Element i can show the description formatted in HTML.

It’s very hard to read a long ticket text without line breaks. Is it possible to add the jira description to the long_text column. Hide this column. And create a App like this one: https://monday.com/marketplace/10000030 and synchronised the text from the long_text column to this item card field?

The Long Text column (and any other columns) strips all HTML code out.
So, until monday doesn’t add a new column type or allows HTML code in the text, it’s not possible to show styled text.

Hey!
Not sure if it will solve your need @maximilian, but the update supports full HTML formating.
Why not push the description in as an update instead of a long text?

Is this possible? Sure if you can push it to the updates :slight_smile:

Do i need any app for this?

You need a custom API integration or using make (formerly Integromat). No app for this as far as I am aware.