Search via Dropdown Column Values

Hi Team!

I’ve been trying to retrieve items by their dropdown column values but keep getting an empty return when doing so. This happens when searching through my application (written in Python) or using the Graph iQL platform.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that searching via dropdown column values is not possible but I can’t find that post - please could someone confirm this for me? I’d be super grateful :smiley:

For reference, I’ve included the GraphiQL query I’ve written, which returns 0 results:

{
items_by_column_values (board_id: 123456789 column_id:“device0” column_value: “{“ids”:”[2]"}") {
name
}
}

I look forward to any help that can be provided!!

1 Like

Hey there @booey811 :wave:

I really wish I could confirm otherwise here, but at the time, this is the expected behavior indeed. It is not possible at the time to use the items_by_column_values query for columns that support multiple values, which also includes columns like People, Dropdown, Tags and others. Here’s a community thread where this was referenced earlier as well:

Items_by_column_values for columns with multiple values

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hi @AlexSavchuk!

No problem at all, I knew I knew something about this! Thanks for the info :call_me_hand:

1 Like