Searching for text in the body of an update on an item

Hi,
Via the API, is it possible to search for text in the body of an update record on an item?
I need to be able to find an update (or item) where I don’t know the ID of either.
Thanks.

Hey @colin_stewart :wave:

At this time, you will not be able to search for specific text within the Update section using the API. I would recommend querying for all updates of your account, then filtering through the results in your application’s logic. You can use a query like this, for example:

query {
  updates {
    id
    item_id
    text_body
  }
}

I hope this helps clarify, although I definitely understand it would be great to be able to do this via the API directly :slight_smile: I’ve passed that as a feature suggestion to our product team so that we can consider making further updates in the future.

-Alex

Hi, thanks for the clarification. I actually know the board the item is on so I can limit the results much more by doing:
query {
  boards(
   ids:XXXXX page:1){
    id
    items {
      id
      updates {
        id
        item_id
        text_body
      }
    }
  }
}

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome, @colin_stewart ! I totally agree - if you know the board ID, you should definitely limit the output of the call to narrow things down, and to keep the complexity rate cost of the query lower at the same time :slight_smile:

-Alex