See all my tasks in one place?

I still can’t quite believe that this feature is not available. I can’t see in one place my tasks, and importantly, I can’t see it for my team. So I can’t see if someone is overloaded or if someone has spare time.

I think I am going to have to transition away from Monday.

Does anyone have a suggestion for alternative project management software?

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this @CathyOwens but it might be worth looking into One View. The new application that won the app competition for monday.com . It sounds like something that could really help your team!

@jackjack2202 do you happen to have a link to this One View app? :slight_smile:

Hi @Danish - Here you go! https://www.1view.website/

2 Likes

Just a couple weeks in our new account and me and my team are saying, “What? Where can we see ALL of our individual tasks?” We had done a trial but no one even thought to look for the feature as we just expected it to be there. I saw the dashboard feature and figured that was the way to do it but the limit of 10 boards seems really bizarre. In just one week we surpassed that limit. And frankly, as others have said, the view is really lacking.

Is this the correct feature request for us all to upvote? See all assigned tasks in My Week without dates or deadlines

6 Likes

@fosterius
Here is another feature request related to this: See & Update All Tasks From One Place - #42 by DTCSC

2 Likes

This My Week feature is a good idea but there seems to be an issue with expanding and collapsing subtasks. Is there a fix for that? I have shared a screenshot:

Hey @fosterius and @DTCSC, thanks for the continued feedback! We are still advocating for this internally.

@arcadeasha, thank you for posting! Would you mind sending this to support@monday.com? Then we can look into what you are experiencing there in case it is a bug :blush:

1 Like

Also that it should be tasks that are not “done”.

Basically all AVAILABLE tasks.

Hi @Shoshana, that’s a good point! I will certainly tell my team about that. Perhaps there should be an option to filter by tasks that are not “done” or have the not “done” tasks as the default and then have the option to add the others back in.

2 Likes

Great to hear, do hope we get this soon!

Hi @PolishedGeek (and @jackjack2202 and @Danish): thanks for the link to 1view, an app that looks promising. I tried it out and found the filters and collections to show all my tasks (with filters applied) within one board, but how can you use this to “collect” all filtered tasks from all boards? This is advertised by 1view but I didn’t find that option, as I can only choose the current board in Filters in a 1view view. Can you help me with this one?

Needless to say this could just be a workaround for a standard feature I was expecting from Monday.com from day one on (I am still testing it - and will not use Monday if there is not a suitable board view to show me: all task where I am owner OR assigned to OR member of a group from ALL boards that are on status IS NOT done and sort by due date (and preferably grouped by week…).

I need this view as a separate board to be able to sync it to external apps like Todoist.

1 Like

Agreed that this should be standard feature at Monday.com. Hoping this gets implemented soon.

Used Todoist for a few years and found it wonderful on the task management front. Would absolutely love to see something similar at Monday.com.

7 Likes

@TRB-monday.com - This is hugely important, any news on a release date? - The feedback from your clients here is that we are all crying out for this basic functionality! - Please update us with a launch date for this feature :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Chiming in to echo all the feedback and concerns! Our company shifted to Monday this year and my team is struggling to stay on top of items/tasks due to the lack of a global to-do list for each user. All workaround solutions seem way too manual, time-consuming, and just not intuitive for a modern project manager software. Please prioritize this critical and essential feature!

8 Likes

Hi All, due to the complete radio silence from Monday staff, it seems they wont be releasing a global to-do list any time soon.

I have been using the Tomorrow Tools board view add on instead:

It’s really great, has all the functionality my company was looking for. They have just come out of beta, they are rapidly releasing new features and the pricing is very competitive. I would highly recommend it!!

1 Like

While this is great, Monday.com should have this natively. Cannot comprehend why this is such an issue.

10 Likes

I agree. My team is also wondering why there’s no feature like this…

2 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Just wondering if the BASIC TO DO LIST is coming along ???
@TRB-monday.com
My boss says this is a deal breaker and I would really like to stay with monday.com

4 Likes

I came here and created a community account just to echo that it is absurd that Monday doesn’t have this feature! Anyways, searching for other options for this now. Dealbreaker for my company.

1 Like