Set Board as MASTER Board (Column Structure, Permissions, and Automations Applied Across Linked Boards)

Multiple boards that require the same setup are difficult to manage as columns are added/updated, permissions change, automations set up. Although there is a “save as a template” feature, each board still has to be updated manually if a change is made to the template or an existing board.

Requested feature is to have the ability to set a Board as MASTER board. Other boards can be linked to the MASTER board so any structure, permission, or automation changes are applied across all linked boards.

Hi @SteveC,

Aviram here, a product manager at monday.com - thanks for the input
You are not the first one to ask for this kind master/live templates that enforce changes across all boards that use those templates.
We intend to hopefully release this feature by the end of the year, so stay tuned!

18 Likes

Our team would find this really useful also.

5 Likes

Hello, any news on that feature? I really would like this as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @avirampm, this is awesome news. This will be a huge timesaver an it wil make sure the boards stay the same as far for the columns goes :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hello! Any update on this? Having a master dataset with two-way updating to data subsets would solve so many issues! I’m curious if there has been any progress with this?

6 Likes

Is this feature already implemented?

2 Likes

Hi, has this feature been implemented yet?

We’re looking to kick off the year with a bang, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, @Dean_Hummel - Not yet, but it’s coming soon! Current ETA is later in Q1 for Enterprise accounts only.

8 Likes

Will this feature also standardized automations across boards?

2 Likes

Hey @SteveC, the company I work for, Unito, has a possible solution to this. You are able to sync boards and create a masterboard - here is a link that you might find helpful, regarding the integration! Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help!

Enterprise only? :frowning:

4 Likes

This would be amazing! Keep us posted when it’s available for Enterprise.

@PolishedGeek @avirampm Is this available yet please? We need to set up a variety of new automations in our board template that will take far too long to set up manually on our existing boards.

2 Likes

Hi @PolishedGeek when will this be available?? just hit Q3 and waiting, very keen to have this feature.

1 Like

Hi @avirampm - is this available? It would be really useful for us :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Yehudit

1 Like

@PolishedGeek - yes please provide an update on the rollout

2 Likes

Is there any update on this functionality? It seemed like it was supposed to be rolled out?

1 Like

This has been deferred to 2022.

1 Like

Any news on this one?!

1 Like