I’ve been trying to provide our client visibility of our projects, but without giving them the detail that we need internally. As such I’ve got a shareable “customer-facing” board which then links to per-project boards. I have mirror columns to show the aggregated status, estimate and time spent on the customer-facing board. This looks great until I invite a guest and they can’t see the status, presumably because that data comes from non-shareable boards. Is there any way to make this status available to guests?
Here’s an example of what we’ve setup for the parent / customer-facing board:
And the child board:
There is an app on the marketplace called Rollup Multiple Boards. It can be found at monday.com: Apps Marketplace
Although it is a totally different approach from using mirror columns it has a number of advantages. One of those advantages is beneficial to your use case.
- detail boards are created from a status change in the high level board and automatically the item in the high level board is connected to the detail board
- aggregated values in high level board are real columns (no mirrors)
- you can use automation based on the aggregated values
- you can share the board without a need to give access to detail boards
- new items in detail boards are automatically part of the aggregation
- items in the detail boards can be filtered (e.g. to differnentiate between costs and reimbursable costs)
Thanks, I’ll check that out.