Share dashboards with users that don't have permissions to the connected boards

Context/problem

Currently, when you view a dashboard, the charts and graphs will only reflect data from connected boards that you have access to. Meaning, if you don’t have permission to the boards that supply the data to the dashboard, you can’t view the graphs and charts in the dashboard. I do like this - because of the drill-down features of the graphs and charts, it makes sense that dashboard viewers need permission in order to be able to view that data. However, there are many cases where you might want to share the graphs and charts with another user, without giving them access to the data that generates them.

For example, I might want to have a graph that shows this months sales, and I might want to share the graph with people outside of my team so they can see how sales are progressing through the week, but I might not want those people to be able to drill down and see the details of each individual sale.

Or for another example, I might want to have a workload widget that shows my available capacity, and I might want to share this with people from other teams that regularly require my services, but I might not want those people to be able to drill down to see the details of all of my tasks.

Currently, there is no way to do this in Monday.com (as far as I can tell).

Possible solution(s)

If the drill-down features are the only reason that users should not be able to view graphs and charts on a dashboard without permission to the connected boards, then being able to disable drill-down features could solve the problem. (If there are other reasons, then I’d love to hear them.)

1. Perhaps you could have a dashboard setting called “report mode” that disables all drill-down features, so users can view the graphs and charts without being able to drill down into the data that generates them.
  2. Or, even better, enable owners to invite users to the dashboard with a new permission level called “report viewers” that disables all drill-down features for that specific user, so they can view graphs and charts without being able to drill down in the data that generates them, while other users of the same dashboard who are invited with normal permissions can use the dashboard with full functionality.