Start and end time in date column

@escufca and @zaneta

If you find a good calendar integration I would be very interested in this! We have a multi use venue with different groupings of spaces with interdependencies. The Kanban option might help but honestly isn’t robust enough for what we need. Even if Monday cannot do calendarizing it would be great if they could partner with some apps that can do venue management- resource allocation by room and time, interdependencies, etc. And all of this needs to support the dashboard view so we can aggregate multiple project boards.

Thanks

Liz

1 Like

Please update the status of this feature?

1 Like

@zaneta Hi, this feature is really highly requested. Is there any update?
If it’s a problem of resources, please forward my contact (assmus@evoleeq.com) to the PO and i can develop this feature in a day…

4 Likes

We desperately need this feature too. We use monday to set up meetings so that everyone can sync to their own calendar and we need to change the duration for each meeting.

1 Like

So, it’s not just me that thought this was a glaring feature missing. How difficult is it to just HIGHLIGHT the timeframe from the start and end dates and times?? That’s all we’re asking for and it’s ridiculous that it isn’t standard in the first place. Even more ridiculous that people have been requesting this simple feature for YEARS. Wth Monday??

3 Likes

Jumping in on this thread - having a similar issue. We want to sync our vacation board with Outlook but without a start and stop time option, this isn’t going to work. It would make most sense if ‘add time’ was included in the timeline column - similar to how a start time is added to the deadline column. When will Monday.com be launching this feature?

Thank you for this update! Any chance I could get the BETA added to my platform??

Hi @zaneta,

Is there any update on this topic yet? We have been waiting for an update that fixes this problem for over two years. You indicate that it will be worked on later this year. We’re almost 3 months in and I’m wondering if you can indicate when this will be worked on by the developers?

It is starting to irritate me that this feature is not there yet. Monday.com is a great tool, but this feature is absolutely necessary for planning to run smoothly. It’s time for a clear response from you guys. If that is not possible, maybe it is time to find another program that does have this feature.

Thanks in advance,
Demi

3 Likes

Any updates? My team would really like this feature! :pray:

3 Likes

There are so many topics on this but I’ve never seen anything produced or an accurate timeline for the feature just “it’s coming”

Another month without updates… Why is it taking so long? Please let us know what is going on. I really need this feature, and by the looks of it, so do many more.

1 Like

With the new formula column and google calendar column, this should be easily done by having an “Estimated time” number column, and then using a formula to create an end time automatically from the “Estimated time” column and plugging that in to the integration
Problems are

• Currently you cannot use formulas in intergrations
  • You cannot pull the time out of a date column with the current available formulas

Maybe there’s something I’m missing but i’ve tried this approach now for about half an hour and got no-where. However there is “General Caster”, an App that might work here, will let ya’ll know if I figure out a solution with that app. If anyone can suggest something else that would be appreciated

Edit: General caster does not work

A screenshot of how long ago this thread was started, and still nothing:

We are loosing customers because of this.
Please give us some feedback on when this will be taken care of.
How much would it cost to get this built? I´ll chip in a few $$ if you can speed this up.

8 Likes

The date column returns 3 objects in the API. It returns date, time, and text (a combo of the other 2). However, when you reference a date column in a formula, it references the date object only. I haven’t found a way to reference either of the other 2 objects of a date column in a formula column. Unless I’m missing something.

I am also desperate for this feature!!

2 Likes

Yes, new to Monday.com. I have classes that are 40 mins length. I want to integrate Google calendar which allows any time span.At a minimum I need 5 min increments.
Thanks

1 Like

I would like to see this too…I signed up to premium thinking you would have this already!

1 Like

Djeez… still nothing? we are waiting 2-years for this option :sunny:

2 Likes

I just finished up my first monday.com api project, if you send me an email to turetzkyron@gmail.com with exactly what you need I’ll tell you if it’s even possible within the api framework

haven’t looked into this yet but i have a wet dream a board that automatiaclly build you a weekly schedule but it desperatly needs this feature to even be remotely possible

1 Like

Come on Monday team members… Should we post a comment here every day so that attention is finally paid to this problem? We’ve been waiting long enough. Do something about this. Let us know something!

3 Likes