Subitem can only handle 6 updates at a time?

Hi,

I’m trying to create sub-items inside an item but Node seem to only send 6 requests to Monday at a time…
I am making the request through fetch.

I am cycling through an array. Each cycle a request is sent to node, which then sends a request to Monday. I can confirm that the first 6 cycle the node more than keeps up, but after this it stops sending request.

If I restart the node, it will send another 6 request, if I restart it again, it will send another 6 requests, and so on until the backlog has been emptied.

Any ideas?

Hi @AndreasGT

Do you know what the API call returns, does it return an error (which can still be a 200)? Is there a change that you hit rate limiting?

It is hard to believe this is Node specific, Node just posts request to the monday API. I advise to have a good look at the API response.

Hi @basdebruin ,
Thank you for showing interest, sorry for my late reply!

I got CORS error when running the subitem request through my root. I do not get this error when using other monday post or query features. Hence the Node.

I get no errors, only a broken promise error when I kill the Node.

When I send the requests manually, without using a loop I get Node console.log response that I have received the request for the first 6 subitem request. Then the Node stops responding and I have to kill it to get another 6 request - rinse & repeat until the queue is empty.

Sending requests to another API using very similar code (GET instead of POST) works!
Here is my code.
ROOT:

//createdItemID is previously created Item Id that the subItem will be posted into
      var info = createdItemID + ',*^GT^*,' + "PlaceholderText";
      var requestOptions = {
        method: 'POST',
        headers: {
          'Content-Type': 'application/json',
      }
      }

fetch(`/subitem/${info}`, requestOptions)
        .then(console.log("Sent subitem request!"))
        .catch(error => console.log('error', error));

}

And Node:

app.post("/subitem/:info", async (request, response) => {
  console.log("Node has received a sub item request!");

const info = request.params.info.split(",*^GT^*,");
  const itemId = parseInt(info[0]);
  const itemName = String(info[1]);

console.log(itemId);

let query =
    "mutation($itemId:Int, $itemName:String){ create_subitem (parent_item_id: $itemId, item_name: $itemName){ id board { id }}}";

fetch("https://api.monday.com/v2", {
    method: "post",
    headers: {
      "Content-Type": "application/json",
      Authorization:
    },
    body: JSON.stringify({
      variables: { itemId, itemName },
      query: query,
    }),
  })
    .then((res) => res.json())
    .then((res) => console.log(JSON.stringify(res, null, 2)))
    .catch((error) => console.log("error", error));
});

Thanks in advance!

Hello @AndreasGT!

This looks like a very specific issue. Could you send us an email to appsupport@monday.com with this same information + the complete response you are getting so we can take a look?

Looking forward to hearing from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias