Templated Document Generation

Are there any kind of templated document generation that can attach to Monday? IE for every row, (maybe upon a status change, or some other automation) I can trigger the generation of a document using the column values as variables that can be used inside said document? Think of applicant tracking where I have a lot of data about an offer, click a button or set a status and a templated offer letter pdf would download.

Sidenote, would anyone else like to see this functionality? I imagine this would be super useful in a lot of cases.

2 Likes

Hi Greg,

Lisa here with the monday.com team :slight_smile: Would you be able to expand on how you’re using the platform and what you’d like to see within a templated document? While we don’t have this functionality within the platform currently, I’m interested in learning more from what you and others on this chain would like to see.

I can see how this could be a benefit.

Lisa

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the response. So my exact use case is that I use Monday to track resume submissions (using a form view of my board). So a candidate fills out the form and I get the resume. I then add a lot of fields (salary, do they need a computer, etc…) that I fill out. Then, when I want to send an offer, it would be awesome if I could click a button (or change a status or something) that would take all the values of the columns, and insert them into a document with placeholders and download as a pdf. Very similar to how the gmail integration works where I can craft an email that gets sent using column values. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Hey Greg :slight_smile:

Interesting! This would be a great enhancement to our current automated notifications. To be transparent, this isn’t something my product team currently has on their roadmap. I’m going to pass this feature request along to the team. Thank you for providing your use case as this will help my product team when evaluating feature updates.

Lisa

2 Likes

Sure, like I said, I think it would be useful in a lot of scenarios, but get that it has to work for the larger audience. Thanks!

1 Like