The first version of the custom automation builder is released to Beta!

The first version of the custom automation builder is released to Beta - We’re eager to hear your feedback! :tada:

We’re excited to share with you that we have released the first version of our custom automation builder to beta!

The custom automation builder allows you to create your own personal automation flow. Add new combinations tailored to your needs and make them fit perfectly to your specific workflow!:raised_hands:

This is the very first version and we’d love to have you try it yourselves and share your feedback with us! :star2:

This feature is released to all Beta users. To activate it simply make sure you activate “Automations beta recipes” in monday.labs -

If you’re not a Beta user and you wish to try this feature, please reach out to support@monday.com and we’ll be happy to grant you Beta access!

As this is a super new feature, please note that we will be adding more and more options in the upcoming weeks and we’d love to hear from you what are you missing!

To learn more about our custom automation builder, check out this great article

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!:sparkles:

8 Likes

@shelly-monday.com - Thank you! Not seeing it show up in Monday.Labs yet. I emailed support@monday.com

3 Likes

Same here. Would love to try it out.

Not showing up from labs here @shelly-monday.com

Not seeing in Monday.labs either… emailing support.

@shelly-monday.com, I can’t see it on labs as well.
Thanks,

@shelly-monday.com What’s the status with the automations recipes? It’s not available on my Monday.labs list. Support tells me to refresh but that does nothing.

2 Likes

Please add to account. Thanks!

Account Name:
TSTF

Account URL
trainingfund.monday.com

Thank you!

Just took a look at this new feature. Currently allows for only very simple rules (yes, I understand, it’s early days).

Conditional statements allowing for AND/OR are probably the most glaring omission for me right now. If this AND that is true then do X. If this OR that is true than do Y.

Factoring in formula results would be valuable. If this value in a numeric column or calculation is higher/lower/etc. than X then do Y.

Next logical step would be “if this do that, else do something else”. Then nesting etc.

In it’s final form I’m kinda hoping it’ll be similar to formulas, but with action rules.

5 Likes

not seeing it in Monday labs

You have to send an email to support@monday.com in order to ask for this activation i think…

Im agree with you, question is :

is this thread where we have to put our feedback?? there will be a new thread to ask for improvements and mention what is missing on this beta version???

I have many comments to do…

2 Likes

I’d like to use this to make time tracking more user friendly ( i want to stop the time tracker when the office closes in case people forget to do this), but it doesn’t seem like time tracking is an option yet. I can’t even recreate the time tracking options that currently exist.

On a more positive note, the interface is very clean.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO CREATE A NEW AUTOMATION THATS HELPED YOUR WORKFLOW? I would love to hear the answer to this!

2 Likes

I totally agree, AND/OR conditions is an essential feature to build up advanced automation with multiple statements at the same time.

I hope that this feature will be implemented soon.

4 Likes

Agree with And/Or logic for status triggers.

Would also be great if you could trigger a webhook from a checkbox being checked or unchecked. We use the boards for managing leads and I’d like to use checkboxes so users can manually trigger transactional emails or email sequences (From campaign Monitor). Or if there a workaround I’d love to hear it?

3 Likes

Hi all, for me after emailing support it was not available to activate in the Monday.labs menu, but it did seem to simply be automatically activated. You can access it through the automations menu up the top right, “create custom recipe”. Stoked that custom recipes are being added, but in the first version they don’t seem to offer combinations that aren’t already available.

I look forward to future versions. Conditional logic, ability to look at different column types (formula, linked column etc) would be amazing.

Love what you guys are doing @shelly-monday.com

Sam