Support subitems in time tracking widget

The calculation currently only sums columns from the main tasks. Since timetracking column is also available on subtasks, it should ideally sum these as well.

Having the same problem and havent find a anwer yet. I really need the subtask functionallity and the dashboard not showing the time in this type of task is killing me.

1 Like

Having the same problem here. Any ideas how to solve this or any update planned Monday.com?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve put together a workaround in my board for this problem and it seems to have done the trick. Here it is:

1. In the subitems, open the time tracking column settings and select “Show Summary on Parent Item”. I renamed the column ‘Subitem Time Tracking’.

2. For the time tracking column on the parent menu, I renamed it ‘Parent Item Time Tracking’.

3. Now add a Formula column. I renamed it ‘Time Totals’. Enter this formula to add the two columns together and equate to total hours:

SUM({Subitem Time Tracking},{Parent Item Time Tracking})/60/60

1. Now SUM will appear in the bottom right hand corner of the item. Click on SUM and you can add your own UNIT title - I added Hours. So now at the bottom of the task I can see the total hours, including subitem hours!

8 Likes

Yes I really need a solution to this too! Want to track my team’s time across all boards, including sub items
 This is a really essential feature which I think Monday need to introduce soon.

6 Likes

It’s just a workaround for boards not for dashboards and the time tracking widget. :frowning_face:

1 Like

No one has a solution yet ?
We have some freelancers and they need this feature

1 Like

Yes, I really need that too

How can I track my team’s work otherwise?

Please give us an idea about if and when it will be implemented

Thanks!

1 Like

Having the same issue and would like to know if there is an solution for this on the Time Tracking Dashboard Widget? I would really like to see my sub-items rolled into this widget as well.

1 Like

+1

I know subitems is new
but yeah
it shouldn’t matter when rolling up time by person, board, etc
where the time is entered
pulse or subitem.

THANKS
Rob

2 Likes

Really want this feature where I can have multiple different people under the same task and track the time in the sub time based on multiple individuals. Where it will rollup to the time tracking dashboard. Makes it hard to have a clean board when you have to have 5 tasks for meetings and cannot put them in sub items.

2 Likes

Come on Monday - sort this issue out. Its 101 level stuff that’s being asked for here.

2 Likes

Another vote on this one from me.

I can’t get a Dashboard to report on subitems hours being logged. So it’s useless having time tracking in the subitems and I can’t report on it across my team

2 Likes

Another vote here! or a workaround - there is little utility in tracking the project as a whole rather than each sub item

1 Like

Would love to see this feature added soon!

1 Like

I’ve been reliably informed (from a support ticket) that this feature is coming real soon.

For me it’s the one missing piece of time tracking across my team. I’ll be extremely happy when it’s released.

5 Likes

Bump.

Any update here? This really is basic stuff. Why bother letting us time track at sub-task level if we can’t target Subtask time tracked (or the rollup column from pulse-level?)

How can any company track actual vs. allocated time using Monday.com and subtasks?

This is a significant product gap. Cmon guys! Such a good product. Fix this and rule the roost - because Asana, ClickUp, etc are hot on your tails.

1 Like

Bumping my bump. Solved this with the same hack as bmontoyataylor above.

My specific use case: “Pull rollup Subtask Time Tracked into a MDC dashboard” since my company is running Pulse > Sub pulse structure.

As we know, we can’t use the Time Tracking dashboard widget and hook into subtask time tracked (which made the whole concept of subtask time tracking a moot point since there was no way to accurately report on it).

Two screenshots attached showing the Board > Dashboard widget relationship.

Using the Formula column at board level to pull in the Subtask Time Tracked rollup. This gives a weird number which is a conversion of the Time Track rollup - but in seconds.

Simply modify the formula to divide by 60 and voila.

This is quickly becoming a dealbreaker for continuing to use this service

What is the purpose of tracking time if you can’t track subtasks? Subtasks that you already have timers and tracking built into?

This is BASIC reporting functionality that people are requesting. Please consider fixing this.

7 Likes

I would like to add another vote for this functionality

1 Like