Title from two fields

Is there a way of generating a title from two fields? Such as Title = {First name} + " " + {Last Name}.

Hi @cameron.pvma :wave: Welcome to the community!

It’s not possible to automatically set or change the name of an item based on information from two other columns on your board if that’s what you’re asking.

If this is a formula you are trying to build, then you can utilize the CONCATENATE() function to combine information from two different columns! For more information, feel free to check out our formula support articles:

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

@cameron.pvma,

To link strings using an operator instead of a function, use the ampersand. Like this:

{First name} & " " & {Last Name}

Hi @cameron.pvma :wave:

Either the concatenate function or @JCorrell’s suggestion of using the ampersand would work well here!
Each of these will produce the same results:

If you’d like to use the Concatenate formula, you can use the example below:

CONCATENATE({First name}, " ", {Last name})

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Best,

Dani

Hi again @cameron.pvma!

I hope the answers in this thread were useful for you.
I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved :partying_face:
If you have any additional questions on this or feel your question was not resolved please do let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

@cameron.pvma if you’re looking to create an item name from two fields (like from a form submission) it doesn’t sound like this formula option outlined by the rest of these guys would work.

You could do this through automation to create an item on a new board.

Looks like this thread is going to close soon- so shoot me an email at biancajclement@gmail.com if you’d like to discuss further.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.