Trigger for "Creating an Item"

Hey,
I’m trying to create a new Recipe:
Custom Trigger → Create an item (The one without the field mapping).
For the example let’s say I want to create the item with a name and a populated column “description”.

The subscription works fine and I got the webhook address.
My problem is with the “data” I’m trying to post… (I’m getting 200OK back so it’s not authorization issue).

So - for “item name” and “description” column - how should my data in the POST look like?
I’ve tried:
{
“trigger”: {
“outputFields”: {
“boardId”: 12345,
“itemColumnValues”: {“item_name”: “title”, “description”: “desc”}
}
}
}

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey @baliyob882 :wave:

That’s a great question! Just to make sure we’re on the same page here, are you using a custom trigger (when an item is created with a certain value in Description), or are you using a custom action (create an item with a certain description)?

I would recommend checking if your column ID for the column where you’d like to add the Description to match the one you are using. Is it actually description? Also, is it a Long Text column or a Text column, as that would determine the way you are formatting your column values.

I’d love to learn a bit more about the setup and end goal here so that we can provide the most relevant info back to you :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hey,
I’m trying to use a custom trigger with the build in function “Create an item”.
Let’s say I don’t have description, just want to create a new item with a name… How my POST should look like?

This:

{
“trigger”: {
“outputFields”: {
“boardId”: 12345,
“itemColumnValues”: {“item_name”: “title”}
}
}
}

doesn’t work :frowning:

Thanks!

Hey there!

The itemColumnValues field expects at least two parameters: a columnValues param that defines the column values, and a groupId param that defines which group an item should be created in.

I’ve put an example below. Let me know if it helps!

{
   "trigger": {
      "outputFields": {
         "boardId": xxxxxx,
         "itemColumnValues": {
             "columnValues" : {
                 "name" : "Hello from Dipro"
             },
             "groupId" : "topics"
         }
      }
   }
}

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.