Trouble building cross-board integration

Hi all,

I have an issue when using the API for cross-board integration. Here’s what I’m trying to do:

1. When a < source column > containing a unique identifier gets updated in board A, I want to trigger an integration

2. The integration will look for an item in board B which has the same unique identifier in a column < reference column> and will return the id of that item

3. The integration will then update a < link column > in board A with the id that was just received. < link column > obviously allows for linking to items from board B (when doing this directly on monday.com it works fine).

When performing the update statement in the third step through the API call change_column_value, I’m getting the error: {“error_code”:“ColumnValueException”,“status_code”:200,“error_message”:“There are items that are not in the connected boards”,“error_data”:{} and I’m convinced I’m sending the right id from board B.

Anything else had something similar @dsilva @dipro perhaps?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Freek

Hey @freek-gcompany - let me check in with the team on this one and get back to you.

-Daniel

Thanks @dsilva looking forward to your reply here.

Hey @freek-gcompany,

Checked in with the team on this one. We do support cross-board integrations, but you would need to implement a custom trigger or action to do this.

Stepping back a little bit though, it seems the error you posted above may not be related to this being cross-board specifically however:

{“error_code”:“ColumnValueException”,“status_code”:200,“error_message”}

This makes me think that perhaps it may be related to something on the item itself. Would you be able to send us a screenshot or video (using something like Loom) so we can see the query and boards being tested in this example?

-Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.