I am trying to use the Connect Board feature for employees to enter their attendence (in the “Attendence Form” board) by pulling an email from a “Distribution List” Board that contains two columns:
- Department Name
- Department Email
When the employee fills a form and selects a department from the dropdown is it possible to pull that email from the Distribution List into the Attendence Form Board?
Board connections can’t be used in forms. They can’t even be used in workflows and automation in order to try to bypass or create a workaround.
You could have them select a status column with the same Distribution list, but would have to be manually updated every time the Distribution List board was updated.
It may be possible from Zapier or Make, to feed it back into itself after form submission, but again, the connected board feature doesn’t function that way.
Nachliel from Easyapps here
Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports Connected Boards questions, allowing you to show the items of the distribution board as options in a dropdown question in a Attendance form. In this example I added a mirror column that shows the department’s email column, so when the user select’s a department the connected email is shown as well:
Other features of our connected boars column are
- Limiting selection to a single item
- Displaying items from multiple connected boards
- Limiting select options to items from specific boards when column is connected to multiple boards
- Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns that are hidden in the form.
In addition to that, we offer:
- Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
- Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf
- Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded
- Setting a maximum for file size
- Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them failed
- Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
- Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
- Control the page’s top margin, with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.
If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.
You can set up a free demo here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an example of our form in action:
I hope this helps,