Two-way connection in connect boards column

We need this badly!
This feature will make our life more comfortable and increase our use in monday.com

4 Likes

Yes please! we have just started using Monday and I thought it was a given that links could be bidirectional like in Notion and Airtable.

5 Likes

Aswell as Jira.
Im a big fan of Monday, and i just need this 1 feature to make the funktionality absolutely over the top.

3 Likes

Voted and asking for this feature too. In our case, itā€™s for a sales-related use-case. We have Organisations, and Deals. In the Deal, we link to the Organisation. But it would be quite handy to be able to see which deals an Organisation is linked to.

3 Likes

Up! People please vote this a few thousand times.
Is there an approximation when this functionality could be available?

2 Likes

No ETA yet, but they said they are working on it

4 Likes

Hi,
We use the link item to column feature to create links between lots of information across the whole project - but it would be useful if, when you link something, the link appears on the linked item (two-way) so we can always track back information.
For example - you link an item to a contact (on another board), and then from the contact you can see the items.
Thanks,
Justin

3 Likes

+1 natural and necessary feature. This will improve the robustness of use cases for Monday.com

2 Likes

This missing feature is basically what hinders us from becoming monday.com customersā€¦ Itā€™s so essential, I canā€™t understand why its not there from the get goā€¦

And btw, subtasks is an entirely different featureā€¦

1 Like

This is essential, even with the subtask solution

2 Likes

I agree with everybody above! Two-way linking is necessary for what we are trying to achieve in Monday. Two-way linking is possible in AirTable, Notion, Smartsheet, and even Trello. We were so excited with Monday when we first started trying it, and just assumed two-way linking was part of the functionality, like it is in all these other platforms.

Two-way linking basically means that you can link two pulses together from either direction, and the linked pulses will show up on the other side. So, if you go to Pulse 1 and link to Pulse A, B, and C on another board, you could navigate to Pulse A, B, or C on that board and then see Pulse 1 appear there. And then, importantly it would work the other way as well.

4 Likes

Hi Eltjo,

Any update on the status of this that youā€™ve heard?

Thank you!

Hi @jdesign, I saw this post from Oron. So no exact timeline yet, but they do have it on their roadmap Does Monday.com need to improve transparency, responsiveness, and development priorities? - #18 by oron
Cheers,
Eltjo

1 Like

Definitely need this feature pls.

any update on this feature? I also need it

3 Likes

Also voting up this feature. We need the subitem link as well.

1 Like

Hi @brett-monday.com @lauralev,

Any update on automatic 2-way linking from items across boards?

Thanks,
Josh

4 Likes

Upvoting this - weā€™d love a 2-way linking feature for items across boards as well

1 Like

Agree that this is a critical need.

I would say there are several phases for this feature:

1. basic 2 way linking: like author to books, where you can see the author(s) of a book on the book page and the list of books on the author page. We use this to link candidates/roles, clients/opportunities, members/teams)
  2. formula lookup: once a link is created, to be do calculations across these two boards. like team bandwidth based on member commitment * number of members or story point aggregation in a feature.

Similar to airtable:

2 Likes

@monday team, @Julia-monday.com @oron, @dipro and the rest, you canā€™t imagine how you have made my day, my weekend, my next upcoming month with this new feature. I have been dancing in the office because of this :dancer:

Stuff literally comes together in our boards now. This is too good to be true!!

#awesomesauce

3 Likes