Updated Stock Quotes Integration with Columns

Hi

Anyone used API with Monday to bring Real Time Stock Quotes to a column in a monday board?

1 Like

Heyyyy @kalerealty :wave:

To be transparent with you, I haven’t met other monday.com users that have tried to connect the two platforms in the past personally :slight_smile: But in case I do talk with any users that have been able to do so, I’ll be sure to ask if they’d be willing to share their experience with you here.

Is there anything specific you are looking to get help with? Let me know :slight_smile:

-Alex

Would love to know as well. @kalerealty have you able to solve this problem?

@AlexSavchuk is there a way to connect external API as a column?

@Davidfried that’s an interesting question. To be transparent with you, I am not quite sure if I am understanding you correctly, but are you trying to store data from a different platform inside a Monday.com board as a column? You can definitely do that, as long as the other platform has an open API as well - it would then be a matter of setting up the connection.

To find out more information about our API and App framework, I would recommend taking a look at this page, as both have tons of information to help you get started:

https://monday.com/developers/v2
https://monday.com/developers/apps/overview

Also, the amazing @dipro has hosted a webinar that can help guide you through the Monday API an some of the things that are possible to do with it.

The recording of the webinar can be found here.

You can download the examples shown in the webinar here. These examples are for demonstration purposes, we don’t recommend using them as-is for production integrations.

If you want to learn more about GraphQL generally, the GraphQL Foundation has an amazing set of tutorials about the query language!

I hope you find this useful :slight_smile:

-Alex

Thanks @AlexSavchuk. What I want to do is something very similiar to a way a formula works in google sheets (specifically the GOOGLEFINANCE formula which connect to Google Finance API).
So in Google Sheet
Let’s say I have a column containing 5 stock tickers I can add a formula in another column to fetch today’s price.

This is what I want to create in a Monday board. I know that you have something similiar with the Clearbit automation

1 Like

@Davidfried thanks so much for providing further context into what you are looking for here!

Have you been able to take a closer look at General Caster? It’s a partner-developed app that could help you with this request specifically, as what it does is store formula column values within the board, which means they are stored within the server. I think you could use that kind of approach to achieve what yo uare looking for as well if that makes sense?

-Alex

1 Like

I’ve built an integration that brings in real-time quotes to a column in a monday board.

it gets the Level 1 BBO in real time and shows the price of the respective trading pair. btw it’s built for crypto but can easily be swapped out for any securities.

Unfortunately getting real-time data isn’t possible due to monday rate-limits. at the exchange i’m streaming hundreds of orders per second, and monday quickly blows up and gives you errors about query complexity. query complexity in this regards is a misnomer because the query is inexpensive but calling it successively in a short amount of time reaches the rate limit. instead I will use the stream in a monday app while the price in the monday board, the integration, is updated every 10 seconds.

Will be adding other financial instruments in due course, this is currently built as a POC. follow this thread if you’re interested in being a beta tester.

2 Likes

Hi @cryptocharlie404 is there any news regarding this integration?