Updates to the "boards" object

We’ve recently made a few changes to the boards object!

Hello Rachel, I am trying to integrate your API to my company platform. I have a couple of questions regarding to the change.

1. I believe “add_subscribers_to_board” matches the “invite” button on board page of UI, will this function be removed from UI in the near future?
  2. will “remove_subscribers_from_board” be deprecated soon too?
  3. I see add_users_to_workspace and delete_users_from_workspace are released. So the permission of access all boards in a workspace will be same? What if inviting a team to a board and adding users as subscriber or owner to a workspace, might be any conflict?

Lots of questions, if you could offer more help, please start a conversation via my company email, thank you so much!

Hi @OktaDev!

Welcome to the community. We hope you like it here!

These are great questions! We’ve reached out to the relevant team and will update you with the answers shortly :slight_smile:

For the sake of transparency and so others can benefit from the response, we will reach back out via this post! Please feel free to add your additional questions in this thread.

Best,
Rachel

1 Like

Hello Rachel, it has been a week, any progress?

Hi @rachelatmonday

How do we add an user to a specific board, without adding them to the workspace?
It is very common for us to add users and clients to boards but we certainly don’t want them to access the whole workspace.
This is an usual practice in our company.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

We will double-check about your concerns and questions and reply soon!

Cheers,
Matias

Hello everyone,

Matias here!

@OktaDev, regarding your questions:

1. I believe “add_subscribers_to_board” matches the “invite” button on board page of UI, will this function be removed from UI in the near future?

2. will “remove_subscribers_from_board” be deprecated soon too?

3. I see add_users_to_workspace and delete_users_from_workspace are released. So the permission of access all boards in a workspace will be same? What if inviting a team to a board and adding users as subscriber or owner to a workspace, might be any conflict?

Answers:

1. We do not have any plans to remove this from the UI in the near future.
  2. There are no plans in the near future to do it, but if it is done, developers will be notified via changelog/community
  3. I am not sure I understand the question but let me know if this is the information you are looking for: you can use add_users_to_board to add specific users to a specific board. You can use add_teams_to_board to add a team to a specific board. You can use add_users_to_workspace to add a specific user/s to a workspace. You can use add_team_to_workspace to add a team to a workspace.

@gbronca I think answer 3 answers your question as well.

Let me know if this clarifies things and if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias

Thanks for the reply @Matias.Monday

The problem is, if add_subscribers_to_board is deprecated and eventually removed from the API, there will be no way to add users to a specific board.
Agree, we could use add_teams_to_board but currently, there is no way to create a team using the API and even if there was, it would be an extra call to the API.

1 Like

Hi Matias,

Thanks for reply. I tested add_users_to_board in Postman, it works, but I can’t find any API doc about it, could you put link here?

By the way, there isn’t remove_uers_from_board or delete_users_from_board, only delete_subscribers_from_board.

Now I am very confused about add_users_to_board, add_subscribers_to_board (it has been deprecated) and delete_subscribers_from_board.

Hi @OktaDev,

Here is the API doc guide to add_users_to_board

And the guide for delete_subscribers_from_board

Please let me know what I can help with in regards to add_users_to_boards and delete_subscribers_from_board :slight_smile:

Hello @gbronca,

I might be missing something in what you are saying, but why would add_users_to_board not be a possibility here?

Thanks @alessandra , I see~

add_subscribers_to_board is replaced by add_users_to_boards now, they work same!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Matias