Updating records (managers per person) efficiently

Hi,

I have a scenario that I wondered is possible.

Let’s say I have a group of people in contacts; each with a different manager but some may have the same manager.

Is there any way for the individual contacts to update at one time for those who have the same manager so when the manager has changed for one record, it reflects on the rest? It’s worth noting that these managers/people in contacts would be attached to an office/location column, would that help?

Basically, keeping the records accurate and not having an outdated ‘manager’ for the specified office/location.

Thanks!

Hi @BradleyN - I can think of a few ways to handle this:

1. If Teams would be helpful, assign everyone who reports to a manager into that manager’s Team. When you need to change who they report to, either move them in and out of the Team assignment or just change the Team name and avatar.

2. Depending on the number of managers, if your company is small you could always use a status column for the manager assignments

3. It’s quite easy to filter everyone who has the column of Manager (People column) = Joe and then change it all at once to Susan in a board.

4. Or you could create another lookup board (connected board column) for department managers and assign the managers there in one place per department.

There are probably several more ways to approach this, these are just what came to mind without seeing your boards. If you would like more personalized help, you can book a Zoom meeting with me here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

~ Deb Cinkus
Product-certified Partner

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join us on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.