Updating status that then changes every item they're associated to is a problem for me

With use Monday for our CRM. We use a board for collecting contact information, including the contact’s lead source (this is a status field).

This works great until that contact comes back to us and they are no longer lead status ‘X’ and are now lead status ‘Y’. Since that contact is tied to their original item in the crm, their orginal item becomes an item that now represents status Y vs remaining as status X and the new item and or subsequent items being status Y or Z, etc…

Is there a way to keep the contacts original lead source status and then update it for a subsequent item that is different? Thank you

1 Like

Hi @brianwbates :wave:

Have you considered changing the association? Sounds like this is all connected to the contact, where we could look to associate the lead source to the lead, connect that lead to the contact and can mirror the lead source from all leads associated to the contact separately.

On your contacts board, you would then have a connected board column with the associated leads from your leads board.

I hope this makes sense, I can show you what I mean if it helps - happy to chat all things monday.com any time! :slight_smile:

Peta | upstream
peta@upstreamtech.io
+613 9067 5611