Use a set of constants in formulas

It would be nice to be able to set one or more constants per board (e.g. an hourly rate, or a risk uplift percentage) that can be used in formulas. Simple popup form for each board where you can name a constant and set a value to it.

Hi there,

You can setup formulas to include constants! All you have to do is set the formula up and type in whatever formula template you want to use, include the constant and whatever column you want to multiply/subtract it from. Let me know if this doesn’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing and I can try a different solution.

Best,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. As I understand you correctly you are saying to use the constant in the formula directly. I did that and it is working fine. I was looking to name a constant so it can be easily changed without having to update the formulas.

Best, Bas

Hi Bas,

You could use a number column and assign it the name of the constant, then include that column in your formula. You can easily change all of the numbers by mass selecting them and changing one of the columns that you want to change, which will change the numbers for all selected items. This should be the easiest solution.

Best,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Sure, I can do that. But still it would be easier to have the possibility to define constant :slight_smile:

Bas