Use Group Totals in Formulas

Hey,

I know this doesn’t exist yet so this is more of a product request, but, PLEASSSSSSSSSSE can you develop this? I am begging you. This is such a simple function, especially compared the the amazing things monday can do.

Use Case:
Monthly groups used for tracking metrics and reports on client data e.g. retainers, and you want to see the % their revenue represents against the month total.

Hi Matt,

This is a great suggestion.

In the meantime, for those who are looking for a readily available solution: it can be accomplished with the Advanced Formula Booster, the 3rd party app that revolutionizes formulas in monday.

Here is a demo:

PercentinGroup

This is accomplished with a single formula…
The percent is stored in a regular Numbers column (the Advanced Formula Booster does not use the formula column at all).

I believe it is a good showcase of this app’s power, considering that it shows how it allows you to create formulas using multiple lines, temporary variables and several items at once.

Here is the syntax of the formula with the test pane on the right, showing you exactly each line’s result.

… and a single automation

If anyone wants to try the app out, see the videos at the bottom of the https://mdboosters.com home page and don’t hesitate to open a ticket in the app, we are very responsive.