Use Mirroring With Automation

Hi Adam!

Lisa here from the monday.com team :slight_smile: My product team is currently looking at ways to support the mirror column within the integrations/ automations. To be transparent, this feature enhancement is pretty labor intensive, but I’ll be sure to ping the team on the importance.

Lisa

7 Likes

We’d really love that functionality too. Our use case is that we keep data on more than 80 subcontractors across 13 boards. On all boards we have two groups: ‘Active’ and ‘Inactive’. On the main overview board we use a status column to identify if a subcontractor is Active or Inactive and then an automation to move them between groups.

We then mirror this status column to the other 13 boards, but unfortunately can’t use the same automation on those boards. Ideally, we’d love to change a subcontractor to Inactive on the Overview board and have them shifted to the Inactive groups on all 13 boards.

4 Likes

Good afternoon,

Today I came across this subject while trying to set an automation for a mirrored date column.

Is there any update for this theme?

Regards

William Lacava

HI @WilliamLacava and @Miltime19! We released the ability to use the mirror in timeline and chart views. We are working on adding this to automations as well too! Stay tuned at monday.com/roadmap1 Cheers!

3 Likes

I would also like the ability to run automations off a mirrored status column. This would be super useful when there is a high-level board monitoring overall status of a workflow, and separate sub-boards to track specific stages of the bigger process.

I just realized this is not avaliable, i was working past week and weekend on a workflow that use the new automation recipes to create items in another boards and vinculate them.

Only to see that when i need to set automation for reminders on the mirrored dates they are not supported by automations !!!

Please in need and update on this, or i will have to change all the designed workflow…

@lauraglev

Hi @lauraglev
can you update us on this !
this becomes more urgent to us in order we are using board integrations via automations

1 Like

Is it possible to please get an update on this? This would greatly improve our workflow.

2 Likes

Update please! It’s very important problem.

1 Like

Hi @fakof14 and @Demelza! At the moment, there’s not an update here. You are able to include the mirror column in the “notify” section of automation recipes. We’ll be sure to keep you posted! Cheers!

@lauraglev,
tell me how can I organize this:

1. We have board named “Contacts” with customer’s phone numbers and emails.
  2. We have 5 boards with subproccesses where We inserted link column to Contacts and mirror columns with phone numbers and emails.
  3. We want sending emails and SMS (by integration with Gmail and Trello) to customers when statuses in these 5 boards are changing.

I tried to do it in many ways, but always Monday has some deficiencies that prevent such automation. It’s very annoying and makes the system unfortunately very limited.
Please do something about it quickly.

1 Like

I agree, this is an important feature. I am trying to change a status column based on the information from another, mirrored column. Would be very helpful.

1 Like

100% necessity.

How do you make a process less redundant without being able to use automation’s based off mirrored columns information .

1 Like

Hi @fakof14! Melissa here from the support team :slight_smile: I have shared your support for this update to the automations with my team. While the automations aren’t able to support the Mirror & Link to Item columns yet, you could set up an automation to notify the appropriate person when a status is changed in your 5 subprocesses boards. That could serve as a reminder to change the corresponding status in your Contacts board to trigger your Gmail or Trello integrations. If this doesn’t help to answer your question, feel free to reach out to us at support@monday.com with screenshots of your workflow so we can best assist!

Hi @MSIlydia & @TheeeTruth - thank you for sharing your feedback! I understand the need for this update, and I’ve gone ahead and shared the support from this thread with our team to review. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime :+1:

Are you suggesting that this person should send hundreds of messages manually every day?

1 Like

Hi,

2 Likes

Hi,

2 Likes

Dear team
Please update on this feature request status
It is very important feature for us
Thank.

1 Like

Hey @fakof14! With my previous suggestion, the Gmail integration recipe would still be used to send out the many emails from the source board rather than the board that is mirroring from the source board.

If you are mirroring a status column from Board 1 in Board 2, then you would set up the Gmail integration recipe on Board 1. Using the Mirror Column, you can actually change the status of an item in Board 1 directly from Board 2 in order to trigger the Gmail integration (from Board 1).

This would save your team from having to send out hundreds of emails manually!