Using a single mirror column to pull information from multiple boards - Multi Board Mirror

@AronK - This feature seemed perfect for our needs. However, it doesn’t work out very well. We are facing a lot of mirroring issues ever since this has been activated. Like some users could see some of the mirrored columns and some do not.

I thought duplicating all the values in the column and deleting the older column would help in getting everything back to normal. However, it created a new board and I had to disconnect the board. The remnants can still be seen; due to this feature enabled, it has created two boards. Please note the duplicate board does not exist, I had just duplicated the mirrored column.

Could you please deactivate yourfilm-production.monday.com from this feature to avoid our main operations from going haywire? Thanks in advance.

@maryt apologies to hear you were running into issues here. As this is still not rolled out 100%, I have removed it from your account per your request. With regard to not hearing back from support, I would like to take a look and see if we did indeed receive a ticket from you to see why you have not heard back yet. Can you share the email address you sent this from? If this is something our team is able to troubleshoot and fix for you, we can always add the feature back.

@AronK - Thank you for removing us from this feature. It helped removed some of the issues we were facing. We are gonna analyse this for the next couple of days and see how it goes and if we’re still facing any mirroring issues. We did hear back from the team and they did say that the issues we were facing were quite odd. However, after giving it some time, some users were able to view the mirrored column correctly and some did not.

I think we’re happy at the moment without this feature. It has caused us 3 issues so far affecting our operations. Thank you for your help.

Hi @AronK could you please add this feature to my account? soliscolomer.monday.com
Thanks!

all set here :slight_smile: Please refresh, add a new connect boards column and mirror column and let me know if you run into any issues.

Hi @AronK, please could I try out this feature as it may solve my issue.

Thanks!

Hi @PhilE ! Can you confirm the account URL for me? I could not find phile-team in our system.

@PhilE Nevermind, I found it :slight_smile: All set! Please refresh, add a new connect boards column and mirror column and let me know if you run into any issues.

hi @AronK I was using the new feature and work greate, thanks!

Now I’ tring to create diferente views by filtering by columns but I can’t filter by mirror columns.
In advanced filter I can select a mirror column in “column” dropdown but when I click it de mirror column desapear.

Any idea to resolve this isue?

Thanks

@ndonoso hmm good question! It would be best to open up an email with support so that they can take a closer look and help you further from there.

Hi @AronK Could you please add it to my account too, dvine-smart-homes.monday.com
Thankyou!

All set here @TheColourblindSparky! Please refresh, add a new connect boards column and mirror column and let me know if you run into any issues.

What if one of the Project have over 100 item, is there a way faster than having to select each item in the connect boards cell? In other word, let take Project 1 for example and pretend there is 100 items on Project one instead. Is there anyway to tell the cell Connect Board to select all item so the status of Project 1 show a summary of the whole Project 1 board.

Thank a lot for answering

Hi @AliKarout! At the moment, the best way to save time with so many items to connect would be to batch-action select the 100 items in the project and then connect the batch of 100 items to the project items it aligns with on the other board. Once this is done, those 100 items should be connected on the high level board so that you do not need to select them one by one on that board. Take a look here > example for shortcut and let me know if you run into any issues replicating on your end :slight_smile:

Hi @AronK ,

Can you please add it to my account too, https://nodeviation-team.monday.com/?

Many thanks.

Joon

@Joon all set here! Please refresh, add a new connect boards column and mirror column and let me know if you run into any issues.

This should now be rolled out to everyone! If you do not have this yet, please email support@monday.com for assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.