Using mirrored columns in high level resource and gantt master dashboards

Hi Team,

As a Project manager, managing multiple projects at the same time I am trying create a master dashboard for my resources and tasks across all projects.

I have a simple resource board that includes the resource name, position and email. I require this because there are many resources that I work with that do not (and will not) using monday.com and I need to understand their resource capacities and availability within my projects.

In my individual project boards I create a link to my resource board so that I can easily select the person I want as my resource (either inside or outside monday users) and it will automatically mirror the owner and the email address.

I am having several issues with the mirrored owner and email address columns that are essential to create my master dashboard.

1. I cannot use the linked email addresses in my outlook integration. This is essential as I need to send automatic reminders to the resources prior to a task commencing. At the moment I am using “general caster” app to copy the email address from the linked column to a hidden email address column. I really don’t think i should be required to use another app to do this. this should be a standard feature.

2. I cannot use the linked owner column in my master resource dashboard via the GANTT app because it won’t show the mirrored owner column.

3. I cannot use the linked owner column in my master resource dashboard via the workload app.

4. I am trying to use to “overview” app in my master dashboard to get a quick progress on all projects. However I cannot use sub-item or the roll-up status here. With my main project boards I use sub-item status and roll-up the status to the main item. In this case how can I get my item status (roll-up) or sub-item status to show in the overview app?

Items 2 and 3 are essential for a project management overview and I would really appreciate an quick response.

Hey @a_zinman,

1. I definitely agree with you on the first point, this should be a built in feature that is actually already on the request list for development. Personally, I don’t use General Caster for this, I use Integromat out of sheer cost efficiency and versatility of use.

Clearly, issue 2 and 3 are effected by the same issue in 1. Currently, where Monday is limited, I use integromat to expand on the limitations.

Thanks for the quick response @CLGPatrick . I’ll look into it. Still keen to see Monday’s response

Hi Monday team,

To add a simple suggestion to my point 4:

I am trying to use to “overview” app in my master dashboard to get a quick progress on all projects. However I cannot use sub-item or the roll-up status here. With my main project boards I use sub-item status and roll-up the status to the main item.

I can see in the settings of the “progress” app that they allow selection for sub-item status. Why not simply make this option “sub-item status” available in the “overview” app as well.

Following this topic as item 2 is a massive issue for us.
We are using Kanban and encounter the the same issue:
none of the information from a mirrored colum can show on a kanban card field.
Along with no information from the subitems… it has really challenged us on how to design our monday.com board so that we can still work effisciently from our kanban boards