Using Monday.com as a content source for an external search system

Has anyone (or company) built an adapter to use Monday.com as a content source for Elastic Workplace Search (or similar tool)?

We’re investigating either something like this, or we need to pump out resolved issue discussions to an external system for archival/retreival.

As far as I know your best bet would be to pull data using Monday SDK by building a utility.

ok, thanks for the reply.

It seems unfortunate to have to make a copy just to expose it for search indexing; I think the content sources use an API standard like OpenSearch. Maybe for the Monday.com team - is there a plan to do any kind of search federation?

Hey @paul.whitaker,

Let me check in with the team on this and get back to you with more information.

-Daniel

Thanks. For placement, we are hoping to use Elasticsearch to search SharePoint, ZenDesk, Discourse and Monday.com - there are established search adapters for Elastic for the other 3.

I asked Elastic as well, and it looks like we need to bulk create documents into their tool based on items and updates in Monday.com.

Your best bet for integrating Monday.com into Workplace Search would be by creating a custom connector through the API. I’ve included some docs below that outline the process in further detail.

1. Connecting custom sources | Workplace Search documentation [8.11] | Elastic
  2. Custom sources indexing API reference | Workplace Search documentation [8.11] | Elastic

To glue this together I think we would need the GraphQL API call(s) for Monday.com. We would want to get all items and updates across all boards, and provide a link back to that item if the search result hits. Is this possible?