UXUI: Right-side detail panel behavior

The behavior of the detail panel that opens on the right side doesn’t feel natural. If I click off of it, it should go away without having to click specifically on the X or hit Escape. For instance, sometimes I will be looking at the detail panel of a pulse and then go to do a search-- the panel should disappear when I click in the search box. It even stays there if I do a search which doesn’t contain that pulse anymore. Instinctually, I also expect it to go away when I click to change the status on another pulse, or even just click in blank space at the top of the list and even after a couple years of use, I’m still surprised that it stays put. Our team used Wunderlist for years before Monday and that app’s behavior felt very natural/responsive. Ultimately, if I click anywhere off of that panel, the panel should go away.

5 Likes

Hey @andrewmackzum! Thanks for this feedback! If it’s alright, I am going to share this with our dev and design teams as we’re always looking to improve the quality of the platform :slight_smile: We’re adding more and more to monday.com so it’s important to hear this from our users! Thanks again!

1 Like

If I click off of it, it should go away without having to click specifically on the X or hit Escape.

Agreed. I always find that odd. It should disappear as soon as I click outside the detail pane.

1 Like

Absolutely-- please do. It would be great if something could happen quickly with it. Just today I found myself posting updates in the wrong pulse because the detail panel for Pulse A was open, but I had been updating statuses on Pulse B and thought it was the detail panel for Pulse B because I had been interacting with Pulse B. It’s a problem. It should just go away whenever someone clicks outside the panel-- it’s far too sticky.

1 Like